Chapter 1: All Over Again

One choice can completely change your life for the best or for the worst. Life isn't full of guarantees. I wish I had learned that instead of all those math equations years ago. In the past I've made many mistakes that I wish I could take back, but life doesn't work like that.

I thought I had everything figured out. My life was just starting out. I was finally given a chance to do something right and it was taken away from me in an instant. I was placed a broken road when I first came into this world. It seemed as if it would never get fixed.

But they were wrong. As time went on it slowly started to fix itself, and it was because of him. My broken road lead to him. He fixed me and loved me. He was one of the only ones who stuck with me as people left. From the first day I met him I knew there was something special about him.

He completed me.

The pair of blue eyes I would look forward to seeing every morning was gone.

Everything was taken away from me that night. Now I'm forced to relive all the heartbreak, the betrayal, and the constant pain. I'm forced to live in a world where I know what's gonna happen next and I can't stop it.

I'll have to look at those blue eyes and pretend like I don't know his fate... like I don't know what's gonna happen to him. Like... we never happened.

I'll have to shut down all my feelings and wait for everything to pass by before I can tell him that I love him.

Everyone stares at me as I stare at a man who flipped my world in an instant. All the children were lined up in a line. It was cruel really. Waiting to hear your name being called to see if you get out of this hell hole.

"Liesel come down. Why are you just standing there honey?" Sarah asked motion me to come down.

He finally looked at me and watched as I slowly walked down the stairs making my way towards him. I could slowly start to feel tears forming in my eyes.

He was gone for such a short period of time. I asked for another chance to see him maybe this was it. I remember getting the call from Mingus. He didn't want a funeral. Norman wrote it in his will and wrote that he wanted to be cremated and thrown in the Pacific. That day was one of the most painful days of my life. Knowing he would never hold me in his arms again. Now he's standing in front of me like a total stranger. I had to fight the urge to run up an hug him.

"Okay. Now that everyone is here, I'll introduce you to this man. Kids, this is Norman Reedus."

Those few words broken my heart. Tears rolled down my cheek. I couldn't handle the pain of him not knowing what we had gone through together. I felt Ella grab my hand and whisper that it was okay. Sarah went around and named us off one by one. She then put her hands on my shoulders.

"And this is Liesel." She smiled at Norman and rubbed my arms

"S-S-sarah?" I stuttered. She looked down at me in concern.

"Liesel are you okay? You look at bit pale."

Everyone stared at me and waited for an answer. I turned my head and looked at Norman. He looked at me and was worried. My heart was beating fast and I found it hard to breathe. I knew what I wanted to say but I knew I couldn't say it. Everyone would think I was mental. I had to just go with it.

I took my eyes off of Norman and looked back at Sarah. "Um... I was just gonna say... um... I've told you to not call me Liesel. Can you please call me Addison?" I choked out

"Sorry Lie-Addison. I won't call you that again. That's if you're still even here at the end." She giggled "Norman why don't you tell them who you're gonna adopt today?"

I sighed. We all looked up at Norman and waited for him to say something. I just wanted him to call my name out so I could run into his arms.

"Liesel!"

This was the moment. The moment that everything went downhill and reverse for me. This was the start of my new life. A life I had already lived. A life I wasn't sure I wanted to go through again, but wheater I was ready or not didn't matter.

I ran to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. My tears stained his jacket but I don't think he'd mind. "Thank you Norman...for everything." I hiccupped. I never wanted to let go of him.

"I only adopted you Liesel. This is just the beginning." He set me down and smiled at me.

"You have no idea." I ran my hands across my face and hugged him again

"Well kiddo. Go on and get packing. There's someone at home I'd like you to meet."

Home.