Blue & Pink

A conversation between two people . . .

It was a rainy evening. Due to the bad weather, the two kids were forced to play inside. Blue really wanted to play around the garden, but cannot. Thus the foul mood. Pink, on the other hand, was watching Blue and thought of a way to cheer him up.

P: Hey, why are you so gloomy?

B: It's raining.

P: And so? 

B: I can't play outside. I hate rain! (stomps his feet)

P: We could just play inside. 

B: You don't get me! (stomps away)

P: Hey! Wait!

B: Curse this rain! Now I'm getting even sadder! (puffs his cheek)

P: (looks around) *Eureka!* Hey, Blue!

B: What?

P: You like sweets, right? (shows pieces of candies)

B: (face lights up) Candy!

P: Just because it's sweet, doesn't mean it's good for you though.

B: (freezes)

P: (laughs)

B: Curse you, Pink! (blushes)

P: Hey, let me tell you a short poem I made. (sits) 

B: (still upset but sits anyway) What?

P: (breathes deeply) Ahem.

Just because it looks sweet, doesn't mean it's good for you. -From Candy

Just because it's pretty, doesn't mean it can't stab and hurt you. -From Rose

Just because it's tiny and plain, doesn't mean it can't grow strong and pretty. -From Bean Sprout

Just because it's sort of broken, doesn't mean it can't be used. -From Old Toys

And just because it looks sad now, doesn't mean it can't be a beautiful rainbow later . . . From . . . Rain. 

(looks at Blue)

B: . . .

P: Did it make you less sad?

B: . . .

P: Blue?

B: (shivers then laughs loudly)

P: . . .

B: Hahaha! Sorry. Yeah . . . it did. (wipes tears) Thanks, Pink.

Nothing is ever what it seems. Especially in life. You just have to try to look at it with the perspective of another. Because beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

*****

"How come those kids know such things?" Michael asked. "They're older than you think, my friend." The Gatekeeper replied. Michael shook his head. "But still. we're older than them and yet they make nice poems with lessons." 

The Gatekeeper frowned. "Hey, don't include me there. I make nice poems, too, you know." He said. Michael raised both his eyebrows. "You do?" The Gatekeeper hesitated. "Well, at least I used to." Then he shrugged. "That's - it's nothing. Never mind that."

"Can I read them?" Michael asked. "I don't think you'd want that." The Gatekeeper replied. "Why not?"

"Because my poems are full of agony."

Michael fell silent. How ironic it is for the Gatekeeper of Heaven to write poems filled with agony and pain. Michael looked into his eyes. He saw a hint of fear and agony, but was later replaced with excitement.

"Anyway, shall we proceed?" The Gatekeeper finally said. "Y - Yeah . . ." Just as the Gatekeeper started walking, Michael said, "Hey, um, Gatekeeper guy?" The Gatekeeper turned around. "Yes?"

"When will I come back home?" Michael asked. The Gatekeeper's face fell, but he managed a smile afterwards. "Soon, my friend," he said. "soon."