Everybody Talks

I woke up to the sound of furniture moving in the living room. My phone was buzzing beside me. I picked it up.

  "Hello?" I asked. Max laughed on the other end.

    "Do you always sleep this late? " he asked. I looked at the time and shot up.

  "ohmigosh. Fuck, Max I'm sorry" I started digging through a suitcase.

  "Don't worry about it. You awake now?"

    "yeah come on over. We can skip unpacking and do that after the beach" I pulled out a black two peice.

   "I'll be over there in like two minutes."

  "I might be in the shower."

"Do I hear an open invite?" he laughed. I hung up and grabbed a short pair of Jean shorts and tank top.

    "You up?" Mason peaked his head in the door. I smiled at him.

   "Hey. What are you doing?" I asked.

  "organizing. " he looked around. I nodded.

    "Max is gonna come up. you mind opening the door? I'm gonna take a quick shower." I stepped in the bathroom, took a shower, got dressed, and lotion.

   "Hey beautiful." Max smiled. I smiled.

  "Hey, you ready?" I asked. he nodded and we ran down the stairs. Mason came out of the kitchen with no shirt on.

    "leaving?" he asked.

  "Yeah, I'll see you later" I hugged him and walked out the front door. Max came up beside me.

    "Does he always walk around the house with no shirt on?" he asked. I shrugged.

   "when he wants." we got in the van Luke was driving. Damian and Chris were both talking to four girls. A blonde, a red hed, a girl with a pixie cut, and a girl with long black hair. I could tell it wasn't real.

   "Hey sexy" Damian smiled. I smiled.

  "Girls this is -"

"Harmony Andrews" the blonde girl finished scooting up to me. "I worship you"

    "You two know each other?" Max asked, eyebrows pulled together.

    "No, well I know her she doesn't know me. Our freaking squad has a picture of you in the locker room."

"why?" Chris asked.

    "Harmony is the bring it on of all the bring it ons. she brought her old school 'Cherokee county High to THE top. they were unbeatable for two and a half years. That explains why they suck now! You're here!" her eyes widened.

   "So you were a cheerleader? " Luke looked through the rear view mirror.

   " were? dude she IS. Harmony you have to join Roseland Tightens." she sat beside me.

   "I haven't even seen the school yet. Give me a week okay?" I looked her in the eye. she nodded.

   "I have pictures of your going away party. my mom wouldn't let me go but my bestie did. wanna see?" Luke started driving. I looked down at the phone, looked up , then looked back down taking the phone out her hands.

    "Ohmi- delete that picture right now." I sat up. everyone looked up again.

  "why it's funny. Do you and that guy still go out?" she asked. I shook my head.

"you have to delete that. you cannot let anybody see this picture" Chris came behind her and took the phone.

   "What is it?" Max stood up.