Life of a Nobody

~Miller Cray~

"Faster Miller!" The shout of my father again. My alarm clock.

"Miller eat breakfast. You and your father is gonna have a long day. I don't want you starving." Mom says. Caring as ever. I don't blame her though. Me being the only son is her number one priority.

"So what do we do today dad?"

"It's harvest time son! Your favorite time of the year!" He says delightfully but what he says is true.

I love the harvest. Its like collecting your prize for the hard work. "Come now, we don't want to start late."

Harvest time has ended. We ended at 1:43 in the afternoon and started at 8:24 this morning. Dad has a huge farm.

Actually its not ours we work for someone called Fray Collin. He was kind enough to let us live in the farm. He's a good man. Old though, but still active.

He has a son. Billy Collin. The complete opposite of him, cruel. Not really cruel though, just inconsiderate.

"We should report now to sir Fray." Dad says, performing his duty.

"Do we really have to report to that old dude?" I said being mean

"hey! We owe Sir Fray a lot, remember that he is the reason we're living. With food to eat and water to drink."

"Sorry dad" I say. Truly sorry. What dad says is always true.

"Now Miller, would you help me in the garden?" Said mom

"Sure thing" I say lazily.

"Garden job done" mom says with accomplishment

"i'll prepare dinner now"

"Dinner's ready!" I can smell steamed vegetables leading to the kitchen. Being in the farm means vegetables everyday. You'll get used to it.

I ate silently throughout the evening. "Im done" i said while finishing the bits of squash left. Then silently went up to my room. Grabbed a pencil and my pad and started drawing.

It was always my habit and my parents know that. It makes me happy, actually. Idk why.

✨A/N ✨
Sorry for the very short chapter guys
Promise I'll make the second longer. I got tired so.. I'll make it up to you. Pls continue reading and hopefully enjoying. Thank you! ILYSM😘
-jenjen1224❤️❤️❤️