Before

Peter was sitting on the ragged couch which was the only furniture in his living room as he just moved in quite recently. The whole house was a disgusting and rat infested place but of course his support worker made sure the local council cleared that out before he moved in.

The front door knocked. Peter just assumed it was the neighbours as he'd been told they are quite the party people but then again it's only 10am. The door knocked again and that immediately got Peter's attention especially because they knocked again. Peter pulled himself off the couch then started walking down the undecorated walls that surrounded him while walking closer to the door.

When Peter opened the door he was shocked by who was standing in front of him.

"Come in." He invited the person in and looked around to see if anyone saw them come into his home.

Peter knew this was extremely risky with this person being here because if anyone seen and told his support worker he could get kicked out his home which he's barely been in.

Walking down the hall Peter guided the way into the living room and put his hand out and for the person to take a seat.

"How are you?" He asked.

"I need you to do something for me." The person pleaded.

"No." Peter immediately said.

"It's not what you think it is. It's just this letter. I need you to give it to someone." The person insisted.

"No, it's your drug money isn't it? I'm not doing it Cooper." Peter objected.

"No you've got me all wrong Peter. It's a letter for an important friend." Cooper explained.

"Why can you not give the letter to your "important" friend yourself then?" He questioned.

"Because it's in case I die. Is that what you want to hear? People are looking for me. I know I live on an extremely thin line and cannot leave this world without leaving her something to say goodbye."

Tears were starting to form on Coopers face. Whatever this letter means to him it's important and this has become a realisation to Peter. He sits next to Cooper and embraces his friend to show him support then pulls back and gives him a small sympathetic smile.

"What happened to you after I left rehab? You were doing so well, I thought you said that was it for you?" Peter questions.

"I jumped in with the wrong crowd again; my past is catching up on me especially my debts, you know how that is. Now I have no money and I know they are after me Peter. I just know."

"Get yourself sorted out. I will give your letter to whomever it is for. You can count on me for that." Peter assured and took the letter from Cooper that he is holding out.

"Thank you. Listen, you already know that people talk and I don't want rumours spread about me. I've heard what these people do and they only kill people by the knife. So don't let Rosie; the person who you will deliver this letter to not listen to all the false ideas people will be spreading about my death."  Cooper says.

"Also I want you to tell Rosie about how I died – only if she wants to know. Please give this letter to her and don't tell her why or who it's from over time she will know. I will give you her address some other time but not today." He continued.

Cooper stands up and gives Peter a look as if this is the last time he will ever see him.

"Thank you for being my friend Peter, genuinely."

Then Cooper just walks out.