Don't fight me.

I have never truly known what feeling the loss of someone was like. I mean I had a goldfish die when I was 9, and random great aunt pass away when I was twelve. But I never met her and the last time my mom had seen her she was little. Thinking back my mom didn't even cry.

I grew up in a small household. My father died in a car crash when I was two years old.  From what my mom says he was nothing to miss. I had a single mom, and she stood single til I was 12. After that our two bedroom girly apartment turned into hell. Complete and utter hell.

Dan was good at first. The first time him and my mom took me out with them we went to an amusement park. He won me a stuffed giraffe, and we ate funnel cake together. A month after that he started staying the night. He would even make breakfast. Dan was the dad I always thought I wanted. Another two months he moved in, and said he was my new dad.

He liked snorting and drinking. I would always find a new bottle somewhere in the house. If my mom didn't clean up after him he would hit her. They were hard and loud hits. Then she would sleep in my room with me. Everything just kept getting worse. My mom would stay in the house, because her bruises were so bad. Dan's voice would get louder and angrier.

The day after my 15th birthday is when he started hitting me. My body was a lot more curvy than most at my age. I had full breasts and toned body since I played volleyball for years. Because of that, he would tell me not to think about boys at all. If he didn't like my outfit that would be one punch. If he saw me near a guy at school when he picked me up, two slaps. If a guy commeted something on my pictures on instagram or talked to me on facebook, two punches and three slaps. The worst was when I tried sticking up for my mom. I always held my ground and fought back even though it made no difference.

The year I turned 16 was miserable. My mother was hospitalized twice, and started getting into drinking herself. One night I asked why Dan was still around. Her answer was, "He would find us, trust me baby girl." Three days after that she was beat so bad she died on her way to the hospital. The blows to her head were finally too much. Dan told the police some bullshit about her getting jumped in the alley behind our place. The damn police believe him.

Now I'm stuck here. In this place that I thought was impossible to get out of.

**

so nobody will probably read this..  but anyway a little backround of our main character Selena.