Will You Go To The Fair With Me?

Namgi
1626 words
April 1, 2018

Many ways to say 'I Love You'
— As a 'Thank You'

Many ways to say 'I Love You' — As a 'Thank You'

It's been bothering Yoongi for a while. The local fair that is.

It was a constant conversation starter at his school and he always eavesdrop other's chattering because they're that close, talking loudly during breaks.

Truth be told, he's never went to the fair before, not once. His family aren't fond of rides or food being served from carts, neither do they like clustered spaces so there was no point it needing to go. Even if it came every once a year.

Plus, he never had the urge to go along with a group of friends there either. People have invited him at least once or twice a year but he always declined.

Though, he wouldn't mind going with Kim Namjoon. A friend he just doesn't seem to want to get rid of.

In the beginning, which was a first, Namjoon struck up a conversation with him during the first day of his sophomore year while Namjoon was only a freshman.

They had the same Art Class at the time and when Yoongi sat down in the far corner of the large classroom on the last table row that seated up to eight people, other students scattered about in other rows. Leaving the table of seven remaining empty stools all to himself.

He didn't mind it, he wasn't that much of a talker to begin with, so the space he had was alright with him.

Then, a minute later a student walked in and at the time he didn't know his name until other mixed grade students called out his name once he entered. His hands waving constantly as he was greeted by a hand full.

That student, Kim Namjoon, walks over to Yoongi's table. Not realizing that Yoongi stared at him more than he should of.

His skin was slightly tanned at the time, is figure rather slim yet you could tell he had a bit of muscle on his tall frame. He had monolid eyes with the lightest of caramel he's ever seen on a person, it fitted well with his tan skin and strawberry orange colored hair.

He didn't seem like the type to go all out with his house of clothing on the first day of school unlike others. He just had blue jeans rolled up by the cuffs, old school classic ADIDAS, a white T-shirt with a baby blue sweater over it and a book bag probably bought from WALMART.

His breath is caught in his throat at the realization that the kid sat across from him, plopping his book bag on the table, not a hint of care shown on his face, it was showing a rather natural smile—it didn't seem forced at all.

The space that lasted for a couple of seconds is gone once Namjoon sat along with him. Leaving the six remaining empty stools being fought over by other students wanting to sit along side Namjoon.