The Gift of Love

There were two child friends who live in the same village in Manila, they are Jenny and Justin. Jenny was only 7 years old while Justin was 8 years old. Jenny’s House was beside Justin’s House they were also studying in the same school outside their village. Jenny and Justin’s mom was also Best friends since high school time. Helena (Justin’s Mom) was business minded, while Gilda (Jenny’s Mom) was a photographer.

July 27, 1996 it was Jenny’s 8th Birthday and some of the children in their village were invited. “Happy Birthday Jenny Smith!” said someone of their visitors. While her mother was busy in taking photos, Justin was calling Jenny “Jenny!” Justin shouts. “Why?” asked Jenny. “Come over here my Best friend!” said Justin. “Why don’t you join us?” asked Jenny. “I’m a little too shy!” Justin answered and smile at Jenny. “So why did you call me?” asked Jenny and smile to Justin “I just want to give this friendship ring, I also have it, that was the sign of our friendship don’t lose it!” said Justin while putting it in Jenny’s finger. “Wow! It was so cute! And I love it!” said Jenny while kissing the ring

“Promise me one thing first” Jenny continued “And what is that?” asked Justin “That you’ll never leave me until both of us find our own destinies” she said “Okay! I promise to you that we are Best friends forever!” said Justin “Jenny Justin come on ill take you a picture” said Gilda. That was their first picture together and both of them have a copy of it.

“Tita, is Jenny there?” asked Justin “Yes I’m here!” Jenny answered. “Okay my little girl take care and be careful” said Gilda “Thanks for the concern Ma, but I’m sixteen years old now. I’m not a kid anymore.” Jenny said while she is getting her bike. Jenny, Justin, Andrew and Clarissa were riding their bike inside their village “Okay I’ll just buy a food for us!” said Andrew “I’ll join you!” said Carissa. Jenny and Justin take a sit on a bench “Jenny what if I’ll let you without any permission, what is your reaction?” asked Justin. “Of course I’ll get mad on you, because you and I had a promise right?” said Jenny with a sweet and soft voice. “Ah! Jenny by the way I’ve buy another friendship ring for us because I can’t wear our old ring because it was too small for us wear this BEST ring, and I’ll wear this FRIEND ring another sign of our friendship, here!” said Justin while giving the ring to Jenny. “Wow! It was so cute! I love it!” said Jenny while Justin was laughing “Why are you laughing?” asked Jenny. “Because I didn’t forget what you said when we are 8 years old when you receive the ring you also said that!” Justin said while laughing. “Anyway, can you follow them? They were too slow!” said Jenny “Oh, there is Carissa. Okay stay there! Bye!” said Justin and he follow Andrew “Why are you smiling like that?” asked Carissa while looking at Jenny’s faces “Ohm… Because….. I secretly admire Justin.” Jenny said “What? Are you crazy? He is your best friend right?” said Carissa “I know that’s why I’m keeping it, because I don’t want to lost a friend like him!” said Jenny “Good!” said Carissa.

Justin was also secretly in love to Jenny, but he don’t want to tell it to Jenny because he don’t want to destroy their friendship “Justin listen, I have something to tell you!” said Helena. “We will go to your father; because he has a business there we will be living there until you finish your college degree.” Helena continued “What? But Ma I have a pro…” Justin didn’t complete what he is saying when he saw his big bag that full of his dress, don’t worry we will come back here soon, from now you just have to tell it to your friends, especially to Jenny.” Justin was so sad when he heard that, because he promises to Jenny that he will not leave Jenny until they find their own destinies.

“Ah Justin you’re here I have something to tell you but I’m so shy” Jenny said while looking at him. “Jenny listen, me and My Mom was going to America…!” Justin didn’t complete what he is saying “You’re such a liar! You told me that you wouldn’t leave me until I don’t find my destiny!” said Jenny while crying “Jenny I’m so sorry!” said Justin but Jenny runs and she stopped to tell something to Justin “Wait! Before you leave me I want to tell you that you are not my best friend anymore!” said Jenny and continue running.