Page 23

Alyssa

"The fuck? I come in here to get dinner and I see my best friend eye-fucking the basketball captain instead? Really?" Alyssa complained, sitting next to her love-struck bestie. Cheyenne nodded meekly, smiling brightly. With her ginger hair catching the sun, she really actually shining.

No wonder Dai loved her. Cheyenne looked like a fucking angel. With ginger hair, bright green eyes, small button nose that was slightly upturned, freckles, small ears that stopped at a small point, like pixie ears and her unique way of seeing things from every view, Cheyenne appeared to be something out of a fantasy novel!

Alyssa looked her friend over. Cheyenne still had her gaze fixed on Dai, who had come out from their cabin to eat. Geez. "It's okay to be attracted, Cheyenne," Alyssa whispered. Cheyenne flinched, defending herself. "I wasn't-" "Staring? Sure you weren't," Alyssa mused.

"Hey, girls,"

Ah, Parker. "Hey, Spider-girl!" Alyssa joked. Dai rolled her eyes in return. "I'm not Spider man's daughter, nor is he my brother." She remarked. Cheyenne stared, mouth ajar. "So, you guys wanna watch a movie at our cabin later? Sammie was planning on showing some Disney movies." Dai added, "Really childish-"

"Or unmanly!" a boy around the age of 15 or 16.

"Hey! I decided what is unmanly, unwomanly, manly or womanly!" Sammie shouted, plopping down next to Alyssa. "You really are holding a Disney movie marathon?" "Yep!" Sammie declared, puffing out their chest in pride.

While this was happening, Cheyenne and Dai were looking each other in the eyes, for once. "What's going on?" Alyssa questioned, "Why're you guys looking at each other like you just fell in love?"

Sammie burst into laughter. "The Scorch Trails, Newt! I love that series!" Alyssa punched the air. "Yes! Fucking finally!" she screamed. "Language!" the others shouted in return.

Alyssa stuck out her tongue. "Shut up and go back to talking."

Sammie turned to her and tried to start a conversation, but they were too busy watching the awkward exchange of words. Sharing a knowing look, the two started discussing what movies they should watch.

🌟 🌟 🌟

"Omg Gal Gadot is so hot!"

Wonder Woman, the movie with some very hot actresses. "Sammie, you're crazy! Clearly, Chris Pine is the hottest!" Bailey pushed Sammie's shoulder.

Man, despite them being step-siblings, they sure did act like a married couple.

"Shut up! No Man's Land is starting!" Bianca hissed fiercely. She was right, the best scene had just started. The group murmured 'ooh's and 'aah's as Diana walked across the battlefield, stopping the Germans.

"I'm telling you, Bailey! Gal is the hottest actress, have you seen her kick ass in that costume? Chris can't compete with that!" Sammie pushed, not giving up on their argument.

Bailey rolled his eyes, and the two began bickering again. Everyone groaned, knowing that this could take hours to sort out.