•chapter 2•

When the class ended I sighed. I'd rather take a school without breaks, because that's when I always get shit.

I grabbed my bag when suddenly the teacher called my name.

I walked over to him and looked at him.

"Lattie, you know, I've noticed that you haven't been yourself. Did something happen to you?" He asked. Mr. Tramms is actually one of my favorite teachers, always have been.

"Oh, come on, sweetheart. You can tell me, I will keep my mouth shut." He smiled and zipped his mouth. "My mom died.. A month ago," I whispered, lowering my head.

"I'm so sorry, Lattie. But you still have a dad, right?" He smiled.

"Yes," I said with tears in my eyes. "And that bruise, did anyone hurt you at school?" he asked.

"No. I fell down the stairs," I said, no longer wanting to continue this conversation.

"Eh, Well you can go. But if anything happens, tell me, yes?"

I nodded my head, "thank you very much," I smiled and walked away.

Suddenly someone pulled my hand and pressed me against the wall.

"I hope you didn't tell him anything," Michael growled.

"I didn't, I swear," I whispered, "And what did he think about that bruise on your face, huh? Want meto believe you he didn't notice it, or what?" he asked.

"I said I fell down the stairs straight on my face."

"Oh, yeah, yeah, you're clumsy little bitch. Okay, I believe you didn't tell him anything. It better stay that way or you'll regret being born." he laughed and went away. I already do.

I sighed and went outside to sit on a bench. I took a book out of my bag and started reading.

Suddenly somebody sat down beside me.

A boy.

I closed my eyes.

Please don't beat me. Please don't beat me. Please do-

"Hi, I'm Mantis, and I can't find my physics class," he said with a smile.

I opened my eyes and took a look at him. This was the first time someone was friendly to me. He was beautiful. He had blond hair and blue eyes. Definitely someone new, I bet it won't take him long before he does what everyone in this school is doing.

"You must go to the second floor and an-"

"Won't you rather show me? I really am lost here." He smiled.

"Okay," I smiled and put the book in my bag and went back inside with him.

When we were close to physics, of course, Michael and his friends stopped us.

"What are you doing here with him?" Michael said, grabbing my waist.

I gave him puzzles look. "What are you doing?" I wanted to pull away from him, but he didn't let me.

"If I was you I'd get lost, because Lattie righ here, is all mine and I don't like sharing," he said, and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, uh.. Okay ..."

"Mantis Wait, what he says is not s-" I tried to stop him. "That's fine. I'll somehow find the class. It was nice to meet you," he smiled and walked away.

"Can you tell me what the hell just happened?" I sighed, but all I got in return was a slap.

"You will NOT have fun with anyone. You'll be alone forever."

"But why? " I said with tears in my eyes. I hated crying in front of that piece of shit, but at this point I was too weak. I had a chance to finally make a friend, maybe finally have someone who would care about me. But no. He had to ruin it like always.

"Because you're nothing. Sooner or later he would find out what you're like anyway, and he would leave you like everyone else." He snickered "You don't know that."

"Oh, but I do." he snarled, and walked away.