XI

The sun had just started to show its face and welcome the world to morning. Cade had packed up the camp, all but the tent. Holden was still sleeping inside. Cade was standing with his sketch book once again. He working on something he might not ever show to anyone. He even did his best to hide it from Holden.

When Holden left the tent he put the book back in the bag. Cade started to mount his horse as Holden began to take down the tent.

"We'd better hurry. Our time is limited, if we keep a good pace we should be there before the sun completely rises in a about two hours." Cade said.

Holden nodded and finished taking down the tent. Cade started down the road without him. Holden finished up and cought up to Cade. For a while the only sound was of the horse hooves.

"Last night........." Holden started.

"Was something we'll never tell anyone about. Last night was between you and me. I don't want to hear a word more about it." Cade said coldly while facing forwards.

"Yes of course, sire." Holden whispered.

Cade suddenly stopped and blocked the path in front of Holden. He let out a longing sigh. Cade dug in his bag. Then gave Holden a dagger in a scabbed.

"You'll need it for protection." Cade said before whipping his horse and making her run. Holden did the same.

They stopped only when they reached to gates of Bosnia. The guards looked at both Cade and Holden. They opened the doors. Cade was instantly full of a bad feeling. It was almost enough to make him sick. They continued up to the castle. When they reached the out skirts of the palace Cade and Holden shared a knowing look.

They walked to the throne room. They're shoes clicking on the marble floor as they reach King Langston. He was sitting in his golden throne. They both sank to their knees in unison. Cade took a deep breath.

"King Langston, I beg you to call off your attack of Berkshire. My kingdom has no means to defend itself and I'm not there at the moment to help prepare. Please consider my proposal once more." Cade pleaded.

Langston let out a long cackle. Cade and Holden both winced at the sound. Langston stood and coughed. He walked right in front of Cade.

"Child, you think that if you enter my palace, say please and think everything will be alright!? This is not some game, this is a matter of state!" Langston yelled as he grabed Cade by his hair and made him look up. "You think I don't know that you country is weak and frail after what that bastered Hadden did!" He jerked Cade's head back down before letting him go.

"My father may have been many things, but he was no bastered." Cade said through clenched teeth.

"He stole the woman I was going to marry from me! Then after you were born, the son of a bitch killed her!" Langston yelled before kicking Cade in the mouth. Causing him to fall backwards. Holden looked at him with worry.

"Don't speak about my parents in such a way."

Holden started to take his dagger out. Cade nodded his head to him. Holden slide it back in the scabbard. As for Cade, he turned and spit blood square in Langston's face. His act was greeted with a back hand and Langston calling for his guards. Both Holden and Cade struggle against them. As they were being carried out by the guards Langston had to get the last word.

"Now you can be King of the rats in my dungeon." Langston cackled once more.