Chapter 3: I Dare You

A distinct sound of a horn honks repeatedly outside and I immediately know it is Lucas. Only Lucas would be such an ass to blow his horn like that throughout the neighbourhood. He said he found it unfair that while he had to wake up at 6 a.m in the morning for school others are sleeping peacefully in their beds so why not wake them all up.

There was this one time when our neighbour gave him a few profanities and complained to his parents who couldn't care less.

I trail down the steps in jeans, a summer chiffon blouse and my ankle boots with my book bag in tour.

I run into the kitchen to grab my coffee and a sticky note from mom. 'I've already left for work. There's coffee on the counter for you. See you tonight, sweety. Love you'. I breathe a sigh before exiting the front door.

I slowly make my way to Lucas' black ferrari. His parents are loaded. Lucas doesn't act like it. You will only know he's rich if you show up at his house or if you see his car.

He leans against the car with his arms crossed over his chest. He is wearing the shirt I bought him at the mall. The one that says, 'She's my girl'.

"Good morning, Stels." He says before pulling me into a long hug.

"Morning." I mumble into his shirt, my voice muffled. We break away and I walk to the other side of the car. When I get in, Lucas holds out a bag for me. "What's this?" I ask, curiously.

"A gift. But you have to put it on now." I raise an eyebrow at him as I open the parcel. I take out a black shirt and place the gift bag at my feet. I open the t-shirt and scan it. I grin at the writing on it. 'I'm his girl'.

"When did you buy this?!" I exclaim, excitedly. I was with him the entire time!

"When I went to pay for the shirt, the cashier asked if I wanted the match to it. I thought it was cool so I bought it." He shrugs with a wide grin.

"Thank you!" I jump into his arms, my hug tight. I actually think it's cool to match with Lucas. "Turn around." I order him. He hesitantly turns the other way.

I quickly take off my blouse, switching it with the shirt. Thank goodness Lucas' windows are tinted. I tug the shirt down then motion for Lucas to start the car.

************************************

Everyone is looking at us and I mean everyone. Some students give us a few compliments while some of the girls eye us distastefully, jealousy dripping from their eyes. Lucas throws his hand over my shoulder as we walk side by side to our class.

I sit in English, staring at my nails. Mr. Gregory speaks up and I shift my gaze toward him. "So this morning-" The door opens to reveal a boy. He is tall. Maybe an inch shorter than Lucas. He has tousled blonde hair with blue eyes. He is quite good looking. Really good looking. He smiles shyly at the class before looking at the door.

His eyes land on me and his smile widens. "Um...hi?" He says in a small voice.

"Hello. You're new?" Mr. Gregory questions the blonde boy. He nods. "Introduce yourself and then take a seat."

"Um. I'm Connor. Connor Bradley." He says, awkwardly. Everyone giggles at his discomfort. He then walks down the rows of desk and sit in the seat beside me.

"He is totally hot." A voice whispers from the back. The boy passes his hands through his hair.

I slowly lean toward him with a smile. "Hi, Connor. Welcome." I whisper then pull away from him. He opens his mouth to say something but is cut off by Mr. Gregory.

The entire class, I notice he is staring at me. I glance at him and he smiles before watching elsewhere. This happens for the majority of the class. When it's over, I gather my things.