Kathleen's: Enchanted Forest- A Strange Day

I scanned the evening sky, my vision blurry. A throbbing pain in my stomach wouldn't stop, but I was used to it- even though sometimes it brought me close to death. That's when I heard it, rustling in the bushes. I quickly turned around, white fur barely visible through the green leaves. I readied my self, gripping a knife I made out of a can lid and stone.  I crouched down low, watching the rabbit's every move. I pounced, grabbing it with one hand. It fought back, bitting my fingers- but I stabbed it all too quick for the bites to penetrate my skin. I took a deep sigh of relief, then shoved it into my pouch while I searched for logs. After about 45 minutes of searching, 

I finally found 5 decently sized chunks of wood, along with a stash of sticks. After yet another almost-hour, I finally got a fire going. While the small flames grew, I skinned the rabbit, tearing its meats from its bones, and setting the organs and meat to one side, and the rest of the other bunny products. 

Using iron rods I found a while back, I cooked the meat, smoking it so it would last longer. I had finished cooking the meat, and already gobbled it all down. I was going to cook the liver- but then another rustling noise came from the bushes. But this time- it was no animal. I kicked dirt into the fire and shoved all of my belongings into my pouch. I dove into a bush and silenced my breathing. 

An unusual noise got louder and louder, rhythmic but haunting. I shut my eyes tight, praying to the earth to protect me.

"Hey, John! Get a look at this!" A voice called out, only inches away from me.

That noise came again

"What do you want? Did you find anything?" The man I presumed to be John responded.

"A fire," The voice said, kneeling down beside my fire, "It's fresh, and some twigs are still burning."

"That's odd," John mumbled, "Let's get out of here before some demon jumps us."

"Are you kidding me?" The voice hissed, "There's still a good handful of missing kids, perhaps whoever lit that fire is one of them!"

God no, they're gonna find me, I can hear their breathing, I have to run, have to! 

I crawled backward, the branches scraping across my bare skin. I kept crawling, slowly but moving. Suddenly a sharp pain consumed my foot, I fell down in pain and screamed. I kicked and kicked but it wouldn't go away, biting my lip with tears streaming down my face- I looked down to see a rusty fox trap chomping on my foot. I let out whimpers, not caring about the humans anymore.

Arms lifted me from the ground, they were warm- I haven't felt human warmth in practically a decade. I couldn't move, as much as I wanted to bite the arms, the wind kept coming. They were taking me somewhere, running. My vision blurred more, all I could see was the sun grew brighter and brighter. 

SNAP

Everything went black.

I woke up in a bright room. A blinding light forced me to wake up, and it didn't take long until i realized i was in their territory. I tried to stand up- but I couldn't feel anything. I couldn't move my legs, but they were there, I think. I lifted my self up, sitting up inspecting the room. Blood was still tracked all over the floor, bloody tools on a counter. A woman walked in, carrying an odd stick with a fuzzy end. She wet it, and dragged it all over the floor- cleaning, the stench the device let out, it made my throat burn, oh god it burned. I coughed, the substance now burning my eyes.

"Oh dear!" The woman cried, dropping the device and running outside calling out the word nurse. 

A man entered the room shortly after, and stepping in the blood with no worry, he knelt down beside my bed. He cleared his throat and waved, as if i were an animal. I hissed at him.