Chapter Eleven

"I think the most remarkable thing about this situation is that you didn't even suspect me." Caspar was lounging back on Troye's armchair, arms and limbs splayed everywhere, a sly smirk stretched across his face.

"Why the hell would I suspect you? I thought Tyler did it, for God's sake!" Troye, being the complete opposite of Caspar, had his head on his knees on his piano bench.

Caspar just grinned wider. "You've got to admit, it was the best ploy ever."

Troye groaned. He couldn't give Cas the satisfaction, but he had to admit--he had definitely gotten somewhere. "How'd you get your hands on his math book, anyway?"

"The both of us have math together, you dweeb; I've been giving you updates for years."

Troye shook his head. "Christ, Cas."

"Well, you banged him, so there's that, I guess."

"Caspar!" Troye hissed. "My parents are home, you know."

"...with a textbook," Caspar amended.

Troye rolled his eyes. "Inconspicuous."

"Buy me coffee, and I'll listen to your stories, Troye."

"You just want free coffee."

Caspar smiled serenely. "You know me too well."

-----

"So," Caspar began. "How was it?"

"I haven't ordered my latte yet, if that's what you're referring to."

"Troye."

He groaned. "To be honest, I don't really know."

"The fuck do you mean, you don't know?"

Troye leaned back into the leather cushioning of the booth, and looked around the coffee store. There were teenage girls everywhere, all talking blissfully and taking photos. He let out a sigh, and muttered, "I don't really remember."

"Troye," Caspar leaned forward. "Just how drunk were you?"

"Very?" Troye buried his face in his hands, muttering something about being sore.

Caspar grinned. "What was that?"

"I said, I was pretty fucking sore, though, so it must have been good."

Caspar wiggled his eyebrows.

"Don't you look at me like that," Troye said.

"You can't even see me, you dick."

"I might as well be able to; you're radiating smugness."

"I am smug! My best friend finally left the virgin boat!"

Troye looked up, cocking an eyebrow. "I wasn't a virgin before Tyler either, you know that, right?"

Caspar looked at him again, a devious smirk alight on his features--a smirk that Troye didn't catch. "Sorry, what was that?"

"I said that I wasn't a virgin before Tyler, anyway..." Troye's words trailed into nothing as he followed Caspar's line of sight to a couple standing just feet away from their bench. "Ah, shit."

Standing behind him were Alfie and Zoe.

"Caspar texted us to meet him here," Zoe began, wringing her hands together. "We--"

Troye cut her off. "Did he, now?"

Caspar just smiled.

"Anyway," Alfie broke in, sliding into the bench next to Caspar, allowing Zoe to sit next to Troye. "What's all this I hear about loss of virginity?"

"Nothing," Troye said. "Nobody lost their virginity."

Zoe smirked. "That's not what Tyler said to me."

Troye's eyes widened. "What?"

"I was at his house yesterday, and--"

"Wait, you slept with Tyler? Tyler Oakley?" It was Alfie who interrupted this time, a broad grin stretching across his face. "Troye, you whore!"

Caspar, throughout all of this, looked positively gleeful.

It was going to be a long afternoon.

"Okay, yes, I slept with him, but that's irrelevant. I had no idea he was a virgin!"

Alfie cocked an eyebrow. "Fucking the guy you've been pining after for years is irrelevant?"

"Alfie, language!" Zoe intoned.

"This is a shitshow!" Caspar said, happily.

"You're not helping!"

"Troye, why the hell are you so worried?"

"I had sex with a guy when I was blackout drunk!"

Caspar coughed. "Not the first time."

"He was a virgin!"

"You've got to lose it sometime or the other."

"He was a virgin, and I was completely wasted."

"I'm sure it wasn't that great."

Troye scowled. "Hey, fuck you."

"What? You're the one who--"

"Tyler did say it was pretty good sex."

"Really? Did he?"

"How is it even relevant?"

"You just yelled at me for saying it wasn't!"

"Yeah, but--"

"Wait, shut up, the waiter's coming."

"To hell with that! Zoe, what else did he--"

Troye was cut off by a familiar voice. "Hi, welcome to Capricia's! How may I--oh, fuck."

Troye pulled his face out of his hands, only to regret the decision immediately.

Standing in front of them, holding a clipboard and wearing an apron, was Tyler.

Caspar, unlike Troye, looked completely at ease, placing orders for all four of them. Troye stared adamantly at the grainy wood of the table till he heard Tyler mumble a quiet, "Your drinks will be here soon," and walk away.

The first thing Troye did was kick Caspar under the table.

"You knew, didn't you."

"Of course I knew," Caspar smirked. "Why do you think I suggested coffee in the first place?"

"Because you're a greedy shit, obviously!"

Caspar's grin just grew wider. "I hope he heard our conversation."

"Yeah, and I hope he hears when I rip your fucking eyes out," Troye muttered.

"What was that, sweetheart?"

Troye just help up his middle finger in response.

-----