Nikkaya

About seventeen minutes later, Nikkaya’s brother’s black Sedan pulled into the Thompson’s driveway. Wanting to be sure she looked at least somewhat presentable, Rae studied her appearance in the mirror on her decorative wall. Her straight, bright blonde hair looked perfect, even though she hadn’t yet combed it today, her pale skin lightly reflected the dim light from her bedside lamp, and her bright green eyes stared flawlessly back at her, sparkling beautifully. After putting on a bright neon-green top and light blue jeans, she headed downstairs, anxious to tell her friend about the horrifying nightmare.

As Rae opened the front door, Nikkaya entered hurriedly, obviously concerned about her best friend.

 “What’s wrong?” Nikkaya asked in a fretful tone as Rae directed her to the living room, where an expensive crystal chandelier dangled high above the mahogany coffee table in the center of the room.

“I’m just horrified by this nightmare I had at like, four-thirtyish, which is why I called you.” She replied as calmly as possible while she studied a single thread on the silk carpet under her feet.

“Tell me all about it, ‘cause I know what it feels like to have a bad dream.” Nikki replied understandingly as she pulled Rae to her feet, leading her up the stairs to the bedroom.

“Kay.” Rae mumbled as she was practically dragged upstairs by her friend’s strong grasp. As they reached the top step, Rae stood up and strode into her room.

 After they sat down on Rae's bed, she quickly began to describe the dream in vivid detail, replaying each scene in her mind as she spoke. “Ok, yeah, well, in the dream, I was just sitting in my room, and I looked outside through the window, and there was a man in a ski mask with a black van walking toward my front door, and when I ran downstairs to try locking the doors, I... I fell from the sky, and I had left my phone right here on my nightstand, so I couldn’t call for help.”

“Wow, I can’t imagine leaving my phone at home in a crisis, or anytime.” Her friend said sympathetically as she slowly shook her head.