Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Mrs brenchley the coordinator of the golden draw is jibbering away absent mindedly about her new grandchild, a boy I think? as she's scrawling her signature on to piece after piece of paper an then passing them to me to sign where her little red x's have been marked. "Monday or Tuesday the money will be deposited into your account miss Malone" she states shuffling the papers on the desk then securing them with her stapler. "Thank you very much mrs brenchley, although I still can't believe this is real" I say seeing her smile at me with warmth. " I'm sure this comes as a shock to you miss Malone, it is of course a very large and life changing amount of money. Have you any ideas on what you may do with it?" She's says as she out stretches her hand for me to shake it as business is done. " a chocolate car" I mutter suppressing the giggle in my throat as I exit the office leaving her with a very confused look on her face.

I leave the building feeling shocked, excited and scared all at the same time. All the things I've never been able to do I now can. Little things such as a splurge out on a new wardrobe or a sneaky pair of killer heels, or bigger things like paying my rent on time an paying my loans back. My world is about to open up massively an as these thoughts are crossing my mind a calm a relief sure of washes over me. My part time worries can go to rest.

As I stand on the edge of the kerb a smile spreads across my face like the cat who's just got the cream. Wider than wide. I walk across to my little Peugeot 206 parked in the bay across the road and as I unlock the door an hop into the drivers seat all I can think of is the cocktails with Paisley I'm having this evening and what a celebration we are going to have.