Chapter One

I got accepted.

For about as long as I can remember, I wanted to move away for college. Although I have love for my home state of New Jersey, I couldn't wait to leave. Getting my letter of acceptance to UCLA felt like such a dream. It was going to be hard on my family, but I couldn't wait to get out of this dreary little town. Going to California was always my dream, and now it was going to be a reality.

The next couple of weeks consisted of many graduation parties with my friends and family. The few friends I had were happy I got into my dream school. The news however, was hard on my family. All of us were very close, and I was going to be the first member to actually leave New Jersey for college. I felt bad seeing some of my aunts cry at my going away party, but I was so ready to go.

"Your dad is hurting, you know." My mom whispers to me. I glance over at him, moving my luggage out of the car and into the airport cart. Today was my last day in New Jersey.

"I know he is. He'll be fine." I sighed. I love my dad, but we never really had a good relationship to begin with. although he didn't know it, he was very verbally abusive. He has a horrible temper. Nights of crying after horrible arguments over stupid things with him flashed in my mind. I won't miss those. 

but those times where he was really genuine. and caring, when he wasn't angry. I'll miss those.

"I love you okay? I know we don't have the best relationship..." my father starts. " I know I can be an asshole and hurt you, but you're my daughter. and I'm gonna miss you like hell" He tears up.

"It's okay dad." I nod, hugging him.

"Promise me you'll call as soon as you land. please" my mom gently holds my hand to her face. "I don't want you doing anything stupid over there... tell me you're going to be safe. and make good decisions.. oh god" my mom begins to cry.

"Relax mom. I'm smart, I'll be fine" I hug them both one last time. My flight is heard over the loudspeaker signaling my departure. I give them one last smile. I'm actually doing it, I'm finally leaving.

I take my seat in the row assigned, lucky enough to get the window seat. Pulling out my headphones I look outside at the last people boarding the plane, and smile at the cute elderly couple taking their seats next to me.

"Please fasten your seatbelts, we've got about a 5 hour flight to Los Angeles, California. Sit back and enjoy" The pilot directs over a loud speaker. 

I smile to myself as the airplane takes off, watching the things and people get smaller and smaller.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note;

This is my first story here and I hope anyone reading this likes it. I have good ideas for this book coming up. This first chapter is probably a flop, but it'll get better lol. - J