Part 1

Loki:
I put down my last bottle of healing potion. I would need to go into town and get more. Sure I could've sent a servent to do it but they never get it right and this particular potion needs a touch of secrecy. I put on my cloak and casted an illusion. Thankful for my own private carriage that ran off my magic. Once in town I couldn't help but be distracted by the commotions. The people of Asgard were so simple but each life was very complex. I enjoyed watching it all unfold in front of me. Then I heard it, an auction. Unfortunately there was nothing Oden, nor any royalty for that matter, could do about it. Technically it wasn't Illegal just very taboo. We tried to outlaw it centuries ago but the lords wouldn't allow it. They threatened to revolt. So the dreadful auctions continue. This time it was a woman with grey eyes and raven black hair strung into fine braids. She wore a revealing purple dress and a permanent scowl on her face as the perverted old men had a look at her. I knew her fate all to well. She would be bought by a wealthy old man who would force her to wed him and she would live out her days as his slave. The thought sat heavy in my stomach. I felt the uncomfortable need to help her. As the auction began I changed my illusion to better fit with the crowed of buyers. Impulsively I kept bidding till it was just me and Lord Quin who I knew to be a heartless man with a strong ambition. He stared me down and he continued to bid and I looked right at him, refusing to back down. Finally realizing that this was one auction he wasn't going to win, stormed away. The seller walked up to me and shook my hand, very excited about the payment he was about to receive. I reluctantly gave the man the money and he brought forward the women. She glared at me most likely thinking of ways to murder me. I smirked at her knowingly and she bared her teeth at me. "What's your name?" I asked her. She just continued to glare at me. I was about to ask her again when she leaned closer to me and spit at the ground near my feet. I had to restrain myself. She didn't know who I was. To her I was just some dirty old man. "Call her what you will, she's yours now. Feisty one ain't she?" The seller said. You could tell he was a chatty guy. I simply looked at him with a scowl and walked away with the girl to my carriage. We were five feet away from the door when suddenly she planted her feet firmly into the ground. Refusing to enter the carriage. I tried gently at first to get her to move but she was as stubborn as a mule. Eventually I had to resort to magic and I casted a levitation spell. She looked at me with wide eyes as her feet suddenly floated off the ground and I placed her in the carriage. Finally in the privacy of the carriage I reviled myself. She gasped and bowed her head. "Your highness." She said quitly but still her face remained scowling and her voice carried a tone of bitterness. "Relax, I didn't buy you to force you into my bed." I said and rolled my eyes at her naivety. "Then why, if I may, did you buy me?" She said. I didn't like her tone of voice but I let it slide for the time being. Thinking quickly the lie rolled off my tongue. "I went to the market today to find an assistant and when I saw you being auctioned I figured you would much rather like to be my assistant then some old mans love slave." Her face contorted when I said the words love slave. "Do you normally go around helping people out of the goodness of your heart or is it just me?" She snapped back. I had finally had enough of her attitude. And with a swift movement I was on top of her frail body so close that I could feel her rapid heartbeat. I leaned in closer and whispered into her ear "now I expect you to show your future King a lot more respect, you may think you're tough but I'm tougher and I won't hesitate to punish you. Do not take my single kind action as weakness. You are still mine. I bought you and I intend you use you. Now you can either accept your fate or I can sell you to a wealthy old man who would love to make you his young bride." She stayed quiet but her face softened. Content with her reaction I sat back down and started to move the carage.
———————————————
Hey guys! This is my first attempt at writing so please be gentle. However I'm open to constructive criticism because I want to be a great writer ❤️