Secondhand Devil

Her ebony stilettoes clicked loudly against the empty sidewalk and her black satin dress hugged every curve it could. If looks could kill, the world would be lying at her feet. She emanated an essence of promise and death from the roots of her glossy black hair to her five inch heels.

The black clouds overhead threatened to crush the entire city of Wakefield, Maine but didn't dare let a single drop of rain fall upon Aradia. The city itself seemed to hide in her presence. There wasn't a single car on the road and the buildings appeared to be abandoned though from the sight of flower pots and wind-chimes they clearly weren't. Phone lines swung dangerously in the strong wind, electricity crackled in her wake.

As Aradia passed an alley way between two narrow buildings she heard a loud smash that sounded like someone hitting a dumpster and glanced in the direction of the noise.

"Hey there, baby! Wanna have some fun with me tonight? I'll pay ya!" A man about thirty slurred loudly causing Aradia to halt and smile just slightly enough that you couldn't see it. She cocked her head towards the man in the alley and gave him a look of seduction. "Come a little closer so I can see your face, sweetheart." The same man smiled at the reaction he received from Aradia. 

She turned into the alley and strode over till she was a couple feet away from the man and tilted her head so that only her nose and red lips shown from behind the ebony curtain of waves.

The man stood there for a second shocked that she actually walked over to him. Even in his drunk mind he knew there was slim to no chance of him picking up a woman of her stature. But shock gave way to triumph as he foolishly stepped forward and wrapped his hands around her waist and the back of her neck pulling her to him.

Just as he was about to place his sloppy lips again her smirking ones she grasped his throat tightly with her hand and took a second to enjoy the expression on the man's face before she continued to pull her lips to his and as she did his life slowly bled from his body, his soul slipped into her opened mouth. The man's body started falling and Aradia's steel grip on his neck was the only thing keeping him from collapsing before her. When she drained the rest of his soul that was left Aradia threw the body away from her and tossed back her long black hair before turning from the alley and continuing to the meeting she was supposed to be at in thirty minutes.

"Stupid human." she muttered in utter disgust.