chapter fifteen

NATHAN'S P.O.V.

"So, mate. What's going on with you?" I say, as Tom and I reach the bottom of the steps.

He hadn't spoken a word since we left the door. He looks pretty shaken. I've never seen him this far off.

"Kelsey and I, man. We're over." He says, running a hand through his ink black hair. 

Oh. I gave him an apologetic nod, patting his back.

"I'm sorry." I meant it, but in all honesty I never liked the girl. Too clingy and indefinitely annoying.

"It's fine," He says, shrugging slightly. "I knew, about a month ago." 

I racked my brain for any signs from a month ago, but couldn't find any. Tom had been his normal cheeky self.

"To be honest, I don't even feel the same way towards her."  

I smile, and smack his shoulder. "Good for you! Now, let's go have a congratulatory drink." I pull open the door, but Tom tugs on my jacket back.

"No, mate, there's more." He says, a guilty look passing over his face. Confusion fills my brain, clouding my thoughts.

"What? What is it, then?" I take my hand off the door's handle, shoving it in my jacket pocket. 

Tom sighs, again running his hand through his hair, something he did often when worried.  "I'm in love with someone else. Someone I shouldn't be." 

I gave him a look, taking a step away. "What.."

He shook his head, chuckling. "Not you, you nasty git. I'm in love with,"

"Come on, mate. I don't have all night." I say, leaning on the wall.  

His frustration is clear on his face, "Fine! I'm in love with Sarah, okay?"

My mouth drops open, shock radiating through me.

~

The lock on the door moves, and I look up from my laptop just in time. Nath comes trudging through the door, looking tired.

"Hey love," He says, quietly. I close my computer, setting it on the coffee table.

"You ready for bed, yet?" He asks, tossing his keys on the same table and taking off his jacket, tossing it across the couch.

I nod, getting up.

We walk to the bedroom, lacing hands. Nath closes the door with his foot, whilst stripping off his tee. I nod at his talent, and he gives me a tired smile, extending an arm to grab my waist.

Pulling me down with him on the bed, he kisses my nose. Closing his eyes, and then kissing my forehead.  "You're my favourite." He whispers, brushing his lips against mine.

I giggle, "You're favourite, what?"

"My favourite everything." He says, full on kissing me. Knocking me breathless.

He releases me, smiling. "To the couch I go.." 

Nathan had made this wildly dramatic speech about how we shouldn't sleep together yet, but he agreed to always at least cuddle until it seemed appropriate for him to leave.

When the door shuts behind him, I grab my phone and go to the balcony. 

"Hello!" Sarah says, brightly.  She was always so full of energy. 

"Hey, how's flat hunting?" I say, wrapping my hand around the railing.

Sarah murmurs something to someone then returns to our phone conversation.