Chapter One

Chapter One

"Louis, come swim!" Daisy demands from the large, perfectly-cool pool, but giggling when Phoebe splashes with her palm and begins splashing back.

But the brother has no intention of getting into that blessed chlorine water when he has fine music at his disposal, a nice, bright and hot sun that is befriending his tanning oil quite wonderfully, and is just there in simply bliss as he sighs and shakes his head at the twins. He continues to scroll through his Twitter feed out of boredom, only making slight facial expressions on certain Tweets. His eyebrows raise. Hm, Liam Payne got a new tattoo? Retweet. But what's the point of getting a tattoo for your boyfriend? Whipped.

"Louis, please?" Begs his other twin, Phoebe, as she slaps a noodle on the water with a grin. Their hair were in messy bobs on the tops of their heads, goggles askew and crooked against their foreheads and it was just too much for Louis. Besides, he had to work up a nice tan for Stan's pool party this upcoming weekend, so he could not waste the glorious sun when everyone but them were now absent from the house.

Suddenly, the splashing and squeals stop for a moment and Louis looks up confused and startled. The girls are basically like Louis; hyper, exuberant, and abnormally loud. What happened? Did they just drown? Should Louis go and save them? But the twins are still in the pool, breathing, just very still and wide-eyed as they stare at the fence, or something past.

"Ice cream!" Screams his twin sisters before they fly out the pool, water droplets flying onto Louis as they sprint past the gate and into the front. Louis curses loudly, setting his phone under the towel (so it doesn't fry under the sun) and leaves quite slipping on his shades, a scowl on his face as he chases after them to track them back down and plop them back into the pool so he can just finish his eventful sunbathing.

"Louis, we need money!" He hears one twin scream, and he groans but sees no twin sisters in the street or on the sidewalk, nor any ice cream truck. What the hell? Where all the little demons?

"Is your brother out, girls? Oh, there is he is! Louis, babe, come on over!"

And Louis curses up a storm as he closes his eyes, feet in the grass before he breathes out his nose in irritation, storming across the hot pavement with hisses and grunts before he makes it into his neighbour's territory.

Louis folds his arms and scowls at the curly headed boy with a bright blue and green scarf in his hair to push it back. Who wears scarves in the summer? Especially on their head? Idiots like Harry; that's who.

"Styles," he greets short and formally. That's just the way Louis is with Harry, and he has a very arguable reason to. The twins stand on their toes to look at the mini ice cream machine that Harry has set out on a small table, him sat behind it in a chair, and a large sign with different ice cream flavors, each 97 cents, and the stand is called HARRY'S ICE CREAM. How original.

But the curly boy grins. "Hello, Louis," he purrs. "Come to see me?"

Louis rolls his eyes. "No, Harry. My sisters want ice cream from your stupid, cheap stand."

Harry pouts, though not hurt, before turning to the twins. "Hello, lovely ladies. What kind of ice cream do you want, Phoebe, you first, love."

"Vanilla," she answers immediately.

"Daisy?" He inquires after, as he turns on the machine, grabbing a cone from another box by his feet. Louis scoffs and rolls his eyes, but damn; ice cream really sounds really good right now in this blistering heat. No. He won't fall for this shit.

"Chocolate." She grins, hopping in her spot slightly. "How are you, Mr. Styles?"

He smiles really big, and Louis hates his dimples. He looks like a stupid, really tan, fit, scarved frog with tattoos and dimples. "I'm fantastic, little Daisy. How are you two?"