Black cat

My name is Sophia Hall. I like to just live things like their supposed to be.

I don't like things hard or complicated. I just fly through life. Pfft. Only if it was that easy...

As I was thinking, I got lost in my thoughts a tripped over an object. I went tumbling down to the cement. Thankfully, I put my hands out before I face planted into the ground. I scraped my knee.
As I looked back to the object I tripped over, I saw a little black cat.
It looked kinda skinny and tired.
"Should I take it..?" I mumbled to myself.
I grabbed the cat and gently put it in my book bag. It was fast asleep.

It takes around 20 minutes to get to my house. The cat didn't make any movement or sounds.
'Did it die? No don't think like that..'
as my thoughts wondered around, I didn't realize I was already home. I looked around, observing the neighborhood. I sighed and walked into my house. I am 16 years old. You might be wondering how I am living alone. My parents are always traveling. And when I mean always, I only see them a few days before they are off for a year or so. They give me alot of money to but food and other things.

As I set the cat down on my couch, I realized how red his eyes are. Their were crimson red.
'Should I name him? Is it even a him? Or is it a her?' I picked up the cat looking at his private part, seeing if it was a girl or boy, not thinking much of it cause it was a cat.
'Huh. A boy... hmm'
"AHA!!!" I yelled grabbing the cat.
I searched around the house for a string and the bell I saw a couple days ago. Soon I found it in my bedroom. I tied it around the cats neck.
"What should I name you? Help me out kitty. Meow when you like the name, ok?" I said looking into its eyes.

"What about... Leo..?" Nothing from the kitten.
"I guess not... what about.. Kuro..?" I said hesitating.

"Meow..."

"Yay! So Kuro.. how did you end up on the street?" I said setting him down on the couch again. Sitting beside the kitten.

It looked at me. Tiredness in his eyes. "Aren't you a tired little kitty?" A rubbed his nose. It licked my finger. The tongue was actually soft. 'I thought cats tongues are supposed feel like sand paper..?' I thought, it licked my one more time before going to sleep.

I smiled at the cute little cat sitting beside me. I sighed. My parents are in Paris right now. While Im just in Florida..
I stared at the cat. I pet its fur, it was super soft and silky.

It squirmed around to my touch.
I got my book bag off my back and set it down, looking for my homework. I groaned, looking at the papers I had to do.
'Math sucks...' I grabbed my pencil and started working on my papers. Kuro was stilled curled in a ball sleeping.
I grinned at the cute little creature. I have never had a pet before. "Oh shit!" I shot up, my papers still on my lap. The sudden movement woke up the cat.
"You need food, Kuro!" I said, tugging on my hair.
I ran to the kitchen.
"What would you like Kuro?!" I yelled to the other room.
"Mew.." a faint meow came from the living room.
"What was that?" I joked around.
The cat slowly came into the room.

"So what would you like?" I asked the cat.
"Mew" It said looking at the ramen on the counter.
"Ramen?" I said, shocked.
"Can cats even eat ramen noodles though?" I asked the cat. It walked back to the living room. I picked it up and put it on the couch. I went back into the kitchen made the ramen.

After it was finished, I walked to the living room, seeing the cat asleep on the couch. "Kuro.?" I said, poking the kitten.
It turned around. "I have the ramen." I said, giving him a little noodle.
He ate it.
'Can cats actually eat Ramen.?'
I kept feeding it the Ramen.

I looked at the time.
'What the hell?! Its 10:33? Where did the time go?'
"Sorry Kuro!" I said putting a couple of noodles infront of him, picking up all the papers on the floor. I packed up all the papers into my book bag. As I turned back to Kuro, he fell asleep with a noodle in his mouth.
"Aww" I said out loud. I decided not to wake up the cat and go to my bedroom, turning on the tv. I watched some random TV shows.
As I slowly drifted off to sleep, I smiled thinking of waking up to Kuro sleeping on couch.
'That cat is so cute..' I thought. Just before falling asleep.