Meeting

The sky above was the light colour that you see in the shallows of the oceans, a beautiful shade of blue, cotton balls of white floated in the sky like fish swimming through water only slower and with a more relaxed glide, the most care free swim in the world. The wind blew softly around you, blowing your hair as you looked over the building in front of you.

This was the place you would be staying in the next year; to be honest you were slightly nervous. You see, your father had left you to stay in an apartment with a guy your age which you had never met. You were in year 12 at the time and when your father went away on business trips you had no way of getting to school so you would usual stay at your best friend's house, Yuri Kimichi, while he was away.

You lived out on the mountains which were just outside of Shutoku, the town where you went to school. When you were young, your mother suddenly disappeared, her and father were always really close and had known each other since they were in primary school. So when this happened father instantly thought she had been stolen from you, he went to the police but as years past she was still nowhere to be found. Father still believes that she will come back to you though, one day.

After that your father was the only one around to take care of you. However, he worked as a scientist who researched the wonders of the world, everything discovered that was new he found fascinating. He used to bring you to his lab, a shed in your backyard which was full of bones and fossils, glass jars which were filled with the most amazing things, snakes, lizards and even millions and millions of bugs. On the wall there were bugs and spiders, butterflies and insects all in cased in a hard clear substance which you always forget the name of. On the desk, drawings upon drawings of animals and insects which you had never seen before or even knew existed, some from the past and others which your father told you existed to this day.. Well at least he believed they did.

Your father was an amazing scientist, and an amazing father. His research took him all over the world and this time he was stationed in South America in a small town on the outskirts of the great Amazon River where the locals say a large fish had been sighted, looking to be over 20 metres long and 10 metres wide. Of course your father wasn't going to sit around without investigating this phenomenon so he decided to take a year long trip to investigate, leaving you here alone.

Yuri had moved away at the end of your year 11 so you didn't have anywhere else to stay. Your father was good friends with the newspaper manager because he published a lot of stories in the discovery section of the newspaper. His son was a guy your age that went to school at the same school which you attended. Takeshi Okumura. He was mysterious, you had never spoken to him but already knew him for his reputation. He had come to your school in 9th grade. From what you heard he doesn't talk a lot and he tries to avoid people as much as possible. You also heard that he lived alone, even though he was only 13 when he first came to your school.

You had seen him once or twice, he had dark brown hair which covered his right eye, he always wore a frown, never smiled even once and you were pretty sure he didn't know you existed since you'd never spoken and you had never seen him look at you at all. Over all you didn't really know him and he didn't know you.

And now, since Yuri had moved away and your father was gone for the year, the newspaper manager asked your father if he would like him to take care of you, he told him that it would be fine if you stayed with Okumura in his apartment during the year. At first your father was hesitant, he told you about what the manager offered and he really didn't like the idea of you staying in an apartment with a boy of the same age, especially one which you or father had never met... strangely after he went back to talk to Okumura's father the second time to say that he'd rather you stay with a female he came home completely convinced that you would be fine staying with Okumura.. You didn't know what came over him, it was strange that he would allow something like this... he was usually quite protective with these sorts of things.