Learning you

"Who we are is what comes out when shit goes bad. You can't tell anything about a person when things are great. If you want to really know someone, be there when everything goes to hell."
-Eileen Cook, With Malice

Dimitri Belikov

It's been half a year since everything went down at court. The gun,the blood, the murder. Everything is over.

And finally, people are moving on. Half a year to rebuilding and cleaning up all our problems to a final destination of peace.
And over the the half a year I've been discovering things about all our friends and families lives, especially roses.

I had no idea of some of the things she had done. And as I find out more and more about Roza I'm more in love with her. How can a woman be this perfect
I still don't know many things about roza, like why she's looking at the new girl who just walked into the office like she's about to rip her head off.
Especially since rose is technically her mentor.
Also adding to the weird factor.that this girl is the same age as rose but is new here.
How come she graduated so late?

"Hello, Guardian Belikov. Rose." The new girl said coming up to where we and Roza were standing. I gave her a nod and said "hi"
I expected rose to replie in a similar way but she didn't.

"Guardian Hase, here's your schedule and your stake" Rose said before turning back to me.

"Rose" the girl said with a sigh
"Come on! It's not like it's my fault."

"Hahaha" rise responded sarcastically. Wow, what's going on?

"roza, are you okay?" I said in a low voice only she could here.
"Yes"

"Rose! God dammit! If you're mad then yell at me! Why aren't you talking to me!!" This got a few guardians attention who stopped to look at what's going on.

"I'm not mad at you, Hasel. I just... I don't know! Thought you would have told me if you were going to do something like that! You were as good as me at the Academy. Then why run?"

"Who are you to say that?! You didn't tell me you were kidnapping the current Moroi Queen!"

"Umm, ladies. Maybe, we should go outside and talk." I suggested. They both just nodded and walked to the place next to the Cafe without a word.

"Soo.., what's going on? I didn't know you two knew each other"

"Umm, I'm Hasel Hase. Rose and I used to be in the same class in high school. Then we both ran away. She didn't get in trouble for kidnapping the princess but I got in trouble for running"

"I just don't see why you would do that! We were the best at everything. You could have been the best guardian. You didn't have a reason to run!"

"Because! B-because I didn't see myself being able to give my life for the Moroi."

"What?! You never said that! You loved the training and the-the glory. And if you did then why didn't you tell me?! I could have helped you! You were one of my closes friends in school!"

"Wait, your that girl that ran away around the same time as rose and lissa!" I said as the missing pieces clicked in my head.

"I just really wish you would have told me." Rose said with a sigh.
"Lissa and I both loved you, we would have helped you"

"Rose, I know you would. But, I needed time for myself"

After a little more talking they parted ways as me and roza headed for out room.

"Rose" I knew she wanted to talk, she always did when she felt like she didn't understand something that happened or something someone was doing.

"I just don't get why she didn't tell me. We use to hang out all the time."

"Rose some people need time for then self. To grow as a person on their own and understand their own emotions. Not everyone is as expressive as you, they need time get to know themselves." I tried to explain to her why her friend might have needed time. Of course, I didn't truly know but I think I had an idea and I explained what I think.

Rose sometimes still needs me to be an mentor of sort I have noticed. I guess that will always exist in our relationship because I am older then her and sometime there are things that age helps you learn.

This kind of moments showed how we had our ups and downs even though we are equals.

__________________
A/N that's just a random idea I had. Hope you enjoy it. I will do more oneshots in this story. And I know I have a lot of stories that I need to finish but sometimes you just have a idea and you want to write something different which is why I started this.

Anyway, as always have a great day! Love ya!