Stupid for You

The music at the party was pounding its rhythm into Awsten's head. The sound made it exceedingly difficult for him to focus, but suddenly Geoff walks through that entrance and snaps Awsten mind back into reality. Geoff was mesmerizing as the lights captured his perfectly smooth hair and reflected off the buttons of his jean jacket. He tripped over his shoe laces almost immediately, but managed to catch himself on a wall, quickly looking around to see if anyone noticed. Unfortunately for him, Awsten had been watching him from the start. Geoff sheepishly smiled and walked over to him.

"Hah, you saw that, didn't you?" Geoff asks, embarrassed.

"Saw what? I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Awsten! I know you saw me fall!"

"Dude, I was trying to help you out and pretend I didn't see anything."

"Oh, thanks. I guess, I kind of ruined that."

"Yeah, you're pretty oblivious."

"But you know you love me."

"Yeah...Anyways, what are you?"

"What?"

"Shit. I mean who is you."

"Yes?"

"Oh cool, nice, same."

It seems that Awsten has, for some inexplicable reason, developed feelings for Geoff. Since the beginning of their friendship, he had always felt comfortable around Geoff, but lately Awsten can't keep his eyes from following the older boy around. And now he can't seem to find his words whenever Geoff is nearby. This has proved to be a huge problem for Awsten seeing that they are part of the same band, but lucky for him, Geoff hasn't seemed to notice.
Awsten and Geoff keep up their awkward conversation when suddenly Otto interrupts them.

"Anyways, as I was saying-" Geoff starts before getting cut off as Otto drapes himself over him.

"Hey hotstuff, what's hanging," Otto says confidently.

"Oh hey, Otto. When did you get here," Geoff asks.

Awsten feels really out of place and decides to excuse himself to the bathroom.

After returning from the bathroom, Awsten scans the crowded party until he spotts Geoff and Otto. They are still standing off to one side of the room, deep in conversation. Awsten frowns, uncomfortable with seeing his crush talking so closely with Otto. He was about to make his way through the crowd, when suddenly Otto and Geoff kiss. Awsten stands frozen, his heart painfully pulling at his rib cage. Otto locks eyes with him with a smug expression. This is enough to convince Awsten's legs to work again. Unsure if he is trying to avoid the crushing pain he feels or the image of Geoff kissing Otto, Awsten dashes out of the room without a second look, not stopping until he is outside. In the refreshingly cool night air, the muffled sound of the party rages in the background as Awsten sits down and cries.

*5 minutes earlier*

"Oh hey, Otto. When did you get here?"

"Not too long ago. I just really wanted to see you."

"Ha ha, cool. Haven't seen you in like 5 hours," Geoff jokes.

"Don't be coy, I know there is an unsaid thing between us," Otto says with complete  seriousness.

"Huh? Is there some secret you told me that I forgot?"

"No, I didn't mean 'thing' as in a secret, though we could be a secret." Otto winks.

"Woah! Like secret agents!? I like that idea. I vote yes."

"No. Ugh. I'll just show you."

Suddenly, Otto wraps his hand around Geoff's neck, pulling Geoff's face closer and causing their lips to meet, clasping the two together. Geoff's eyes go wide with shock as the kiss deepens. One of Otto's hands starts to slide down Geoff's back towards his ass while the other is placed on Geoff's chest, caressing him. Roughly, Otto starts to lower his hand's position on Geoff's torso, heading in the direction of Geoff's belt. The hand abruptly slips past Geoff's pants heading towards his underwear. Before he can continue, Geoff harshly shoves Otto away from him and onto the floor. With a look of horror in his eyes, Geoff turns and disappears into the crowd of people, leaving Otto alone on the floor.

Now outside, Geoff's tears are spilling from his face as he stares up at the night sky. He's wondering what he should do about Otto when he hears someone else around the corner. Curious, Geoff wanders over hesitantly, wiping his cheeks in an attempt to dry away the mess from his face. As he turns the corner, he is met with a crying Awsten who is curled up in a ball. All of Geoff's previous thoughts disappear and he sits down next to Awsten, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Um, Awsten."

Awsten keeps his face buried in his hands as Geoff continues.

"Hey, are you okay? If there's something going on you can always talk to me."

In an instant, Awsten snaps.

"YOU WOULD LIKE THAT WOULDN'T YOU! YOU ASSHOLE!"

Awsten stands up with his back to the moon, casting a shadow on Geoff's face. Geoff doesn't know what to do. Suddenly, he's engulfed in a moment of anger and sadness. Geoff stands up as well and starts screaming back at Awsten.

"GOD, I'M SO DONE WITH ALL OF YOU! I THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE MY FRIENDS! FIRST OTTO FORCES ME TO KISS HIM AND NOW YOU HATE ME FOR NO REASON! WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME?!"

Tears return to Geoff's eyes, but he doesn't care or have the energy to wipe them away. He just stands there and let's them fall.

"Wait. Otto forced you to kiss him?"

Awsten's voice sounds quiet and surprised.

"Yeah, he did. That's why I ran out here."

"Now I just feel stupid and awful for making you cry."

"Why do you feel stupid?"

"Well, I ran out here because I saw Otto and you kissing. It's not like you're married but I still got carried away. I felt heartbroken because I thought you were really into him. It just hurt to watch because...well, because I have a huge crush on you."

"Wait, really?"

"Yeah. Really. You literally just found me crying because I saw you makeout with someone else."

"Well, it's just that I've liked you for the longest time, but I thought you'd never like me back. I assumed I didn't have a chance with you."

"Clearly you assumed wrong."

Geoff chuckles and wipes away the last of his tears. There's a short comfortable silence between the two before Geoff breaks it.

"I think we've cried enough today. We deserve something nice."

"Like what?"

"How about a kiss?"

Geoff steps closer to Awsten, barely leaving any space between them. His heart starts to beat faster when they lock eyes, Awsten's beautiful blue and green ones staring into his own cerulean ones. Geoff slowly leans in until their lips touch. The sensation he feels while kissing Awsten is indescribable. The kiss deepens and Geoff's senses go wild. He wonders why he never did this sooner. The pair eventually break apart, taking a moment to catch their breath.

"Wow, that's the best kiss I've experienced all night."

"Even better than the one with Otto? I know I'm amazing, but Otto didn't seem too bad himself. You're just biased."

"What can I say? I'm stupid for you."