Surprises

*a few days later*

*Beatrice’s POV*

I woke up to the sound of mother nature singing outside. And instant smile appeared in my lips, it was so relaxing.

These last few days have been nothing more than perfect, to me. To me and Robert.

Despite having scary people trying to get us every once in a while, we have managed to go unnoticed most of the time.

We were even able to rent some rooms so we could be more comfortable. Yes, we avoided big cities, but oh boy, you would be amazed if you see these beautiful places Robert has been taking me to.

I feel like I am in one of those big vacations and decided to go throughout the world and meet all this new places. And despite everything that happened, I feel great, I feel happy like this.

I noticed quickly I was alone in the bed, so I lazily sat and looked around. I smiled when I finally spotted Robert sitting comfortably on a easy chair near the big window accessing the balcony, still on his boxers, enjoying the sunbeams on his body.

I stared at him, he was simply perfect in my eyes. I could see the still sore scar on his abdomen, that he had gotten when he rescued me.

He noticed my stare and turned his face to smile at me “Good morning” he smiled, with the phone in his hand

“Morning” I yawned “enjoying the sun already?”

He smiled, and stood up to walk towards me. He sat on the bed and leaned to kiss my forehead “There’s something I need to do” he said in a serious tone.

I looked at him, suddenly worried.

“Robert?”

He caressed my face “It’s ok, don’t worry. I’ll just… Go out for ten minutes, fifteen minutes maximum. Ok?”

I grabbed his hand tight “You’re planning on going out without me?!” My eyes widened

“I’ll be quick, I promise you”

“No way, I’ll go with you!” I snapped

He took a deep breath and looked down. Something was wrong, I just knew it. And he didn’t want to tell me.

“What is going on Robert?”

He looked at me, sadly “Nothing big, I promise. But please, Bea. Let me do this…” he kissed my hand “How about you take your bath and get ready, then I come back and we leave?”

I looked down “You swore we would never break apart. I don’t want you to leave me here!”

“Bea… My sister has been controlling my locator again. Catherine is not after us anymore, not after what happened. No one will find us anytime soon. I promise it will be ok”

I frowned, I don’t like this idea. And I hate the fact he’s not telling me things. Again.

He leaned for a kiss, but I pulled him away and stood up

“C’mon Bea, don’t be mad” He groaned

“I’m gonna take a shower” I coldly said “as you proposed”

I heard him sighing, but quickly getting some clothes on.

I trust him, but I don’t like this.

Something is up.

“I will be right back and we’ll leave”

I ignored him as he left the room and took my quick shower.