Final Breath

Mason Lockwood was doing his homework quietly in his bedroom upstairs as he heard a thump coming from the living room downstairs. He turned his head sharply at the dark empty hallway through his widely opened door. He got frightened for a second because he knew he was the only one at home but then decided his kitten, Sherly had probably knocked something down and shrugged it off. Mason turned back to do his homework and froze when he saw Sherly laying down on his bed. He heard the thump again but this time closer, his heart started racing and all he could think of was the worst. The memory of his late cousin Kaitlyn, who's body was mysteriously found in their attic after being severely attacked, kept coming back.

He bit his lower lip in anxiousness not knowing what to do. He dashed over to the side of his bed and grabbed a pair of scissors. He crept slowly and cautiously down their wooden staircase. The staircase was very old and as he was halfway down of them made a creaking noise. Mason cursed under his breath and prayed the intruder didn't hear him. His plan was to race to the kitchen, get a knife and sneak out through the back door. As he entered the kitchen he saw a shadow and felt wind swishing by and quickly turned around pointing his scissors in fear.

"Who's there?" He shouted tembling and shaking his hands vigorously.

He turned back into the kitchen,sweating madly and was dumb-founded to find the knife drawer empty. The murderer had got their first. Mason started panicking uncontrollably and burst out through the back door. He stopped when he saw traces of blood leading to the dog house and couldn't bare looking there. He turned the opposite directionand his heart stopped when a 6 inch blade pierced right through his heart. Mason's whole life flashed before his eyes. He fell to the ground and even though he hadn't seen her in over 10 years he could still make out that he saw the face of his mother staring straight at him and then everything went dark.

Thanks for reading!! .. this is my 1st horror and short story

Hope you liked it. :D

Vote and comment

You guys are awesome!!! XD ... luv u !!! :) :)