Graduation (edited) chapter 1

It's my last day of college. I already walk the stage to grab my degree about a half hour ago. Now I'm getting ready to go out for the night to celebrate with some friends.

I find a red knee-high dress that's strapless with some black heels. I don't bother with makeup because I don't need any since I just go natural with some lip gloss like always.

'Are you ready yet Cara?' I hear one of my friends yell from the living room of my apartment.

"Yes, I'm coming" I answer her as I grab a black jacket from my closet to put on from the cold night air.

My family already left to get back to New York City since they only came to see me graduate because I left home three years ago to go to college in Delaware.

I got a scholarship. My degree is in business because I want to have my own company one day.

I walk out of the room to be stopped in my tracks to see my friends making out with each other.

"My eyes, my innocent eyes," I yell as I cover my eyes.

"We're done, I promise." I hear my friend Kathy say across the room.

"Ugh thank god, you guys know to keep it pg around me." I say walking to the door with my keys and phone in hand.

"Sorry, its just I can't get enough of my man tonight," Kathy says as she holds Brandon's hand. I look at both of them Brandon is black with pretty green eyes. He is skinny but tall who is serious almost all the time but knows when to have fun. But Kathy is Mexican with brown eyes. She is short and a little chubby but she doesn't care, she is the life of the party always wanting to have fun.

"Eww, I don't want to hear any more please," I say scrunching my face up.

"Alright, we are ready for the club tonight." Kathy yells as she walks out the front door with Brandon following hot on her trail.

I rush after them locking the door behind me. The cab ride was quiet and quick.

We got to the club called "REVENGE" people were standing in line eagerly waiting to get in.

I start to walk to the back of the line but Kathy grabs my arm to stop me. I look at her to say "We need to get in line."

"No, we don't. My uncle runs the place." Kathy says smiling as we make our way to the door.

"Pedro please tell my uncle that I'm here." She says to him. "Yes, Ms. Paw I will do so." The security guy says before calling her uncle on the walkie-talkie.

"Alright, Ms. Paw your uncle said to come right in with your friends." Pedro says letting us in the door.

We walk into the club, the music is blaring people dancing, drinking, and talking.

"Time for shots of the night." Kathy says pulling Brandon and me to the bar.

She orders shots of tequila two for each of us. "On the count of three, we take the shots." She says counting down from three to one. I took one shot at a time.

I scrunch my face from the strong liquor burning my throat.

"Let's go dance." Kathy says grabbing Brandon's hand before dragging him to the dance room not waiting for him to answer her.

I turn my attention back to the bartender and order a fruity liquor drink.

As I'm drinking my drink someone sits down next to me. "What are you celebrating tonight?" The Asian man asks me as he drinks his beer.

I try to get a good look at him but the bar is dimly light and the tequila is slowly getting to me. "We are celebrating graduation." I say looking at him wondering what color his eyes were.

"Aren't you a little too young to be in here then?" The is a man says to me as he sips being more.

"I am 22 years old. We graduated from college." I say giving him a dirty look.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you. I'm my name is Sung Sharma, but you can call me Sunny." The man says to me who I will call Sunny.

We talk for a few hours of the evening night. I continue to sipe my fruity drink as we talk when he gets a phone call. He walks away after excusing himself to answer the phone.

I glance over at him to see that the call wasn't any good news but bad news because his face was scrunched up in anger as he yelled at the person on the other line.

I pretend to go back to sipping my drink when he starts walking back over to me. "I have to go back to the office. I hope to see you soon." He says as he pays the bartender.

I watch him leave the bar wondering who this man is.

I look around the bar for Kathy and Brandon to go back to the apartment for the night.

They both find me waiting outside with our ride. We get back to the apartment to sleep to start a new day tomorrow.