Wedding (edited) chapter 7

Rushing people all around me as Luke orders people around the dinner place for the reception and wedding tomorrow with last-minute touchups.

I'm watching from afar waiting for my mother to come to get me. It bad luck for the groom to see the bride the day before the wedding.

"Sweetie its time to get your dress for tomorrow." Mamma smiles taking my hand into hers as we walk past a few places to get to the dress shop.

"Ah Mrs. Rines, is that who I see?" The women in a full body suit say smiling waking over to us.

"Yes, it's me, Roseanne. You haven't aged since the last time I saw you." Mamma says smiling back at the women.

"Who is this gorgeous young lady?" The women named Roseanne says turning her attention to me. "The young lady is my second child Cara. We are here to pick up her wedding dress." Mamma says.

"Did you already have one picked out?" Roseanne asks me. "Yes, I'm going to wear mamma's wedding dress for tomorrow." I explain to the women.

"Great. It just came in yesterday. I'm at an understanding that you already had it fitted beforehand. But let's get you into it for a final look before tomorrow." Roseanne said to me as she handles the dress. We walk back to the changing room for me.

I change into my dress after taking my clothes off. Once I have the dress on I need help zipping it up. I yell for help "Mamma, I need help"

Mamma comes in through the curtain zipping up my dress for me. When she is done I walk out the dressing room to let Roseanne take a look at the dress.

"I need you to step up here facing all three mirrors." Roseanne says pointing at where I need to go. I do as she says standing on the wide step facing the mirrors. I look at myself in the dress I thought I would wear marrying the man I love but life doesn't always go as we plan I say to myself souring my mood.

"Sweetheart, are you okay?" Mamma asks me noticing my sour mood. "Yes, I'm just nervous feeling for tomorrow." I tell mamma as I put a fake smile on my face.

"Alright Cara, everything looks great. I don't need a fix anything. It fits you perfectly. Now all you have to do is wear it for tomorrow." Roseanne says smiling at me.

"Great, We'll take it with us now." Mamma says to Roseanne as they wait for me to go change.

I carefully take my dress off before handing it off to Roseanne through the curtains when she takes the dress out my hand I put my clothes back on.

I walk out of the dressing room to go find mamma and Roseanne. I find them both out front. "I'm ready Mamma." I tell mamma taking the dress box from her.

I walk outside the store with Mamma on my left. "Okay, we can head home now for the evening. Luke will be staying at the best-mans house until the wedding. The nail lady will be there waiting for us. Now let's hurry we don't want to keep anyone waiting." Mamma says to me as we get into the back seat of the car.

The driver takes us home. As soon as we get there I'm rushed inside to get my nails down.

Hours go by and it's time for bed. I laid down an hour ago to sleep but I'm so used to Luke sleeping next to me it hard. I lay in the middle of the bed now I grab his pillow that he left here to cuddle with to try to get some sleep for the night.

********

The next morning I'm already awake before mamma comes in to wake me up.

"Cara are you alright?" Mamma says rushing over to me checking me for any kind of sickness. "Mamma I'm fine. I had trouble sleeping. Let's get ready for the wedding." I tell mamma as I'm getting out of the bed.

"Come hurry it's time to get your hair done. Then you can put your dress on. The men already left for the church." Mamma says rushing me with her on my back to sit down.

Time passes with me getting ready for my big day. We get to the church in record time. I walk into the church straight to papà. "Are you already Cara? It's okay if you want to walk away." Papà says taking both of my hands into his.

I give papà a kiss on the cheek "I'm ready I will not run." I tell papà smiling. We walked down the aisle up to Luke who is waiting with the Priest. Papà hands me off to Luke taking both my hands into his.

"Here today we gather to watch these two people...." The Priest explains getting to the I do's for us. We both say I do when is it our turn to say I do to our vows as we exchange rings. The priest announcers you may kiss the bride to Luke.

We kiss each other to have the priest announce we are husband and wife.

"You look beautiful." Luke whispers to me as we walk down the aisle together. I feel the heat of my cheeks when Luke looks down at me somewhat smiling.

'Could I be feeling something for Luke an not even realizing it' I ask myself blushing still from his comment.

We get to the reception hall for a few hours dancing, eating dinner, and throwing the flower bouquet.

"Come we must leave for the honeymoon." Luke says as we walk to the room for us to change. I grab the clothes Mamma put on the bed for me to change into after the wedding. I walk to the bathroom changing my clothes. When I'm done I move to the sink to wipe the makeup off my face. I walk out of the bathroom to find Luke already changed.

"The plane is ready with our luggage already on board. The car will take us there." Luke says walking in front of me to the car.

I rush off after him straight to the car. 'Here we come honeymoon' I think to myself sourly as I'm getting into the car.