Launch

CAPTAIN'S LOG: Mission Date 1.6 (AUDIO)

"After an hour-long christening ceremony, the champagne has been broken and the USS Fitzgerald is on its way out into the cold heart of space to carry out diplomatic missions on behalf of Star Fleet. I am Captain Haddock, and I have both hope and apprehension for what the future may bring. This is only the beginning, and I have yet to get to know the rest of the crew. The bridge is different from the simulator in training. It will definitely take some getting used to. The Fitzgerald is en route to the Rigel System, where we will negotiate terms regarding the construction of database centers on local moons. The journey will take slightly under five solar days. Until tomorrow."

MEDICAL LOG

Mission Date 1.43: Intern admitted into sickbay for treatment of high blood pressure

CHIEF ENGINEER'S LOG: Mission Date 1.31 (AUDIO)

"The launch went of without a hitch. The engines are holding steady and running smooth as silk. Had to repair an outlet blowout on Deck F, though. I could have sent one of the trainees to fix it, but I'm bored out of my mind... I suppose there will be more to do as time goes. Until then, there's always the bar."

EVENTS LOG

Mission Date 1.25: USS Fitzgerald is launched from Federation Station KS-740

Mission Date 1.3: Course established for the Rigel solar system

Mission Date 1.78: Captain Haddock and primary faculty retire to bed, secondary shift instated.