Prologue

"Rachael!" Ms. Piper says calling my attention to the board. I was watching a mind movie.

"Werewolves have 4 characteristic we watch out for. What are they and show the class the spell you use after you see them."

She thinks I wasn't paying attention. Which I wasn't. But I did read ahead in the lesson plan. I stand up and start walking towards the front while listing these points, with every step I take I say a point.

"super speed."

I run as fast as I can through the woods, I have to catch them. The trees wiz by me so fast I barely see them.

"Super strength."

I push the boulder out of the way and into a manhole made a few years ago. I broke the boulder on impact and I continued to run after them.

"Great hearing."

I hear a crunching of leaves and sticks from about a mile away. While it's so far it sounds so close.

"And a great sense of smell."

I could smell the foreign sent they give off, it's what tipped her off. It smells of dust and magic. A witch. What are they doing in my territory. They will die.

I stand at the front of the class and look at the wolf stuffed animal. "And the spell for these people is" I raise my hand up and point towards it. "occidere in lupinotuum pectinem."

I'm levitating. And I'm being squeezed. I get thrown at a tree. They throw me at things until I'm let go and dropped on the forest floor. I'm beaten and bruised and I hear this voice call out. It isn't until I hear the words,"it's going to be alright Alpha." I knew I'd be alright. I was not going to die without a fight.