Chapter 18

(Peyton's point of view)
     I immediately answer my phone. I walked out of the kitchen and into the empty living room.

Peyton- Grayson are you okay?
Grayson-I'm fine don't worry
Peyton-where are you?
Grayson-I stopped at a hotel to get some rest and some food. I should be home in a few hours.
Peyton-we need to talk when you get here too
Grayson-if we need to talk I don't want to do it in the Mafia mansion. Meet me at the park in an hour. The one that we usually go to.
Peyton-that works for me I'll see you in awhile.
Grayson-I need to get moving if we're going to meet there in an hour. Bye princess.
Peyton-bye Angel

I walked back into the kitchen. Juliana raised an eyebrow. "I'm going to meet him in an hour at the park." I explain to her before she could ask a million questions.

"That's all he said?!"she asked in a shocked voice. "No he said he was at a hotel because he went out looking for Ethan and needed some rest and food." I told her about the entire conversation. There wasn't really too much to say though.

After explaining it to her I actually ate breakfast like we came into the kitchen to do. After eating we went upstairs to brush our teeth and do whatever else we needed to do.

     I walked down the hall with Juliana then she went to the right and I went to the left. My room was lit by the sun shining through the windows. I had drawn the curtains back to let the light inside.

      I walked into my huge bathroom and brushed my teeth. I brushed my hair again just to untangle it some more. After that I checked how much time has gone by. 45 minutes have gone by since I talked to Grayson.

     I shut my door behind me as I left the room. I knocked on Julie's door she opened it with a smile. "I'd better get going if I'm going to be on time." I say to her nervously. "Ok be safe and have fun." She smiled confidently at me.

     I walked to the garage and I decided it was safer if I had someone else drive me. The driver got into the car and I told him where to go. It only took about 10 minutes before we arrived. I thanked the driver and then got out of the car. He closed the door behind me.

     I walked forward. The park was nice. It had green grass, a lake, a playground for children, and trails to walk. I saw a bench by the lake and I decided to wait for Grayson there.

     I sat down the wood was hard but smooth. I pulled my phone out of my pocket. I'll just text him to let him know that I'm here.

                     Today at 11:48am
Peyton😝-hey Gray I made it to the park before you. Let me know when you're going to be here.

Grayson😍-be there in about 5 minutes.

Peyton😝-k

       I pushed the  power button to turn my phone off and looked out at the lake. The sun was creating sparkles and turtles were swimming around looking for things to eat. It was beautiful here and I'm glad I finally was able to leave the house.

     I could here children running around yelling and having fun but something was off. I'm not sure what but something doesn't seem right. I scanned my surroundings. Everything seemed perfectly fine but something was still wrong.

    I twig snapped behind me. I immediately turn my head and get ready to fight. When I looked back I relaxed. It was Grayson. He smiled and walked around the bench.