프롤로그 [prologue]

Kris' hands shakes as he reaches to answer the first call he ever received since he left EXO.

The phone vibrated non-stop as the name "LUHAN" shone in bright bold letters across the screen of the model phone.

He released the carbon dioxide contained in his cheeks and slid his finger across the touchscreen.

"Lu, man, 'sup?" He replied as casually as he could, ignoring the angry grunts of Luhan on the other end.

"Kris, what did you do? Why did you leave EXO? Why didn't you tell us? Our concert was so near - we were all so excited - and now this?"

Kris was vaguely aware that it was 2 a.m in Korea now.

"Sorry Lu. I know you're mad but listen-"

"You have something to say? Right. I bet what you're saying is so use-"

Kris cut the fuming Luhan off with a harsh hiss and answered, "Luhan, listen here. You don't know anything about his S.M treats me. You don't know anything so stop judging me, you intruding brat. Stop. Now." Kris ends the call, feeling slightly guilty.

Suho calls next - three times, to be exact, before Kris gives in and answers the call, expecting to be greeted with sudden bursts of anger.

Instead, a calm voice speaks first. "Kris, take things in my point of view - I trained for seven fucking years before I finally debuted. And two years after I debut, this? You leave EXO. I dream to be successful. With your departure, S.M stocks have dropped so significantly - and quite a few fans started hating us. This? All your doing. Kris you maybe mad now but please, take things from majority's view. It's not too late to retract the court case. Please reconsider."

Suho ends the call, sighing; while on the other line Kris broke down in uncontrollable tears. "What should I do? Oh Lord, please help me...please..." Kris begs silently, hoping that he was able to be guided in this period of darkness.

Finding his phone, he knew exactly who to call - his mother. With determined eyes and a set jaw, he dialed her phone number, patiently waiting for a response.