2: More Than You Know

The lighting flickered at the crash of distant lightening, rain beginning to fall in disoriented crumbles.

All 6 of us sat at tables Seokin pushed together quickly, Namjoon having joined us despite being busy with his own astonishment.

Both notes were placed on the tabletop as if they were snowflakes in their own design-carefully.

"Taehyung.. Where were you last night.."

Yoongi asked quietly, his hot breath leaking onto his hands that rested below him.

We all looked up at him, his lip quivering slightly as he stared at his fingers.

"With me.."

Namjoon spoke for him, and I couldn't help but look at him with shock. Seokjin too furrowed his brow, his arms crossed as he leaned forward.

"Jimin.. what time did Hoseok get home?"

The blonde haired boy ran his hands up his hair, his cheeks forever pale at this point.

"I went to sleep around midnight, but I thought he was in his room up until then."

Yoongi looked up at me now, extending his hand out palm-faced up.

"Jungkook give me your phone.."

My stomach twists back into my body, my hands grasping at the device in my pocket.
"Huh? We haven't talked since yesterday."

I protest, Yoongi not budging an inch.

Reaching into my pocket, I pull out my phone slowly and hand it to him. I'm not hiding anything, but with the way we talk it's obvious we're more than just 'friends' here, and I'm not ready to explain my complex.

Yoongi opens it and takes a few moments to read up, the more he scrolls the more blood rushes to my cheeks.

"He stopped texting you just before 11.. so he must have left around the time Jimin fell asleep.."
Yoongi calculated, stuffing my phone in his pocket.

"Its adamant that both Hoseok and Taehyung were targeted specifically.."

He began, Seokjin chiming in angrily.

"So Hoseok was taken??"

My chest beats heavy, feeling sick despite the lack of food in my organs.

"Its probable.."

"For what reason? I thought you made it quite clear that you were top tiers in your dirty way of living.."

Yoongi looked at Taehyung and Jimin, both of them staring down.

"We are, none of what I explained was a lie.. However there are laws we still have bound to our tongues..and if we don't follow these laws.. consequences follow."

The table became silent, my own breathing hitched with confusion and fear.

I just need to know if he's safe..

"We aren't usually allowed to be in romantic relationships, the pressure too great to bare.."

Taehyung pulls at his hair, Namjoon reaching out to him but being stopped by Jimin and his eyes now full of anger.

I stand up, my legs wobbly as if I'd become drunk on the thought of having put Hoseok into trouble.

"Jungkook sit down, we're not done."

Yoongi snarls, standing up to meet my eyes. "N-no.. I-I'm done.."

I can't breathe, my lips chapped and my head spinning with regret.