Chapter Two

I have been having nightmares for the past five months and twenty three days. Yes, I keep count. Although, the nightmares are not exactly all the same they all still feature him. He has been the  shadow that follows me in all my nightmares. I really wish I had an off switch for my nightmares. It would be nice to turn them off and get a good, whole night's sleep. It's not like not having the nightmares will change anything but at least I won't get to see his face every time I close my eyes.

My solution to the nightmares is simple: make my body so tired and weary that the moment i hit my bed I'm fast asleep.This way my exhausted body and mind can barely function let alone dream or create nightmares. It helps sometimes, but it gets very tiring.

I keep hoping that the nightmares would go away, but I know deep down that if i want them to go away I'd have to face the past. I would have to face what happened. But facing my past means accepting that my mom is dead. And accepting that means that she is never coming back. . . and that it is all my fault.

Dad says I should give in to my emotions and feelings. He says I shouldn't keep all my emotions locked up. That I should open up more to people. The idea of even opening up in front of people is terrifying. What if I completely break down, will I be able to stop? Besides, school is starting soon and what the people here don't know about me won't hurt them. . . and me. I don't want people looking at me with pity in their eyes. I don't want their pity or sympathy.

I do not even know why I'm thinking about all of this right now? Oh wait, yeah. I do know why, it's because I'm trying not to sleep. As I look at the clock on my table, I see that it is well past midnight. I get up to go to the toilet, but I have to sit down again as my tiredness and lack of sleep catches up to me. Although I know that I'll be tired in the morning, I don't care how late I sleep as long as the nightmares stay away. Besides coffee can do the rest of the work in keeping me awake.