Drop in T-5

The intense vista spins like a colourful kaleidoscope submerging beneath
smoked mirrors only to merge and blossom into incandescent green beads of lava swirling to the surface conjuring threads of silver mercury hair that slither venomously over taut black marble. A hiss, a crack, a bump, a shudder. A gasp.

The large rear bay door opens bringing a burning light to my slumber tired eyes. The large Hercules judders again as we hit another small pocket of turbulence. The drone of the 4 propeller mammoth of a plane deafens everyone inside - and boy there is a lot of us.
"2 minutes!" A shout cuts through the noise- it's origin, I do not know.
I am not nervous, for some reason I feel as though I have been here and done this before, many times before in fact. I take a look around at the slowly emptying aircraft as one after another barely clothed individuals dive off. It's nearly my time to jump as I peek outside through a small window and recognise a familiar destination that I am determined to reach - and before anyone else. I stand, crack my knuckles and stretch my arms outwards. I wait no longer and I do not hesitate, I am determined and confident. Bolting from a standstill like a greyhound from his cage I sprint to the hole at the back of the plane. The drone of the engines seem to get louder and louder threatening to tear my eardrums apart until the racket is replaced swiftly by the rush of air around my head as I hurtle out into the open sky.

I adjust quickly and get my bearings on the ground below me. I pinpoint my destination on a small hill where an observatory sits decrepit and ruined. I narrow my eyes to shield against the wind and close my arms and legs behind me in order to increase my speed- I need to get to the ground quickly, before anyone else. I now point to the ground and the roar of the bone chilling wind has completely deafened me. I estimate my speed to be at terminal velocity at around 230km/h and at this speed the ground seems to rush up at me as if to swallow me whole. My heart thuds and every fibre of every muscle in my body screams as I hurtle closer and closer to earth. No, I tell myself. I must leave it as late as I can to parachute in order to get down to the ground as quick as I can. The rip-chord is tightly clenched in my hand and seconds before I reach the point of no return and certain death, I yank it as hard as I can and release my parachute.

Warmth seems to seep in immediately after the large rectangular canopy breaks my swift descent. Not the kind of warmth you might feel tucked up in bed at home. Simply a relative warmth after skydiving from a great height. Still this is of no concern, my focus is pinpointed on gliding as quickly as possible down onto the roof of the observatory. A few seconds and after a few small tugs of the toggles I am perfectly placed just a few metres above the rooftop. I unclasp the harness and release myself from the chute to drop the last few metres and land with a thud, knees bent and a single hand briefly touching the floor to retain my balance. The chute remains airborne just a few more second before collapsing and draping over the rails.

I have arrived and ready to fight. But so has 99 other lone wolf killers on this island called Erangel.

The battle begins now.