Mama

"Read the list one more time to make sure we have everything." Mom said overlooking our food in the Food World shopping cart. I read my moms list again as she checked everything off.

She let out a sigh of relief when she realized we had everything we needed. I guess working at the Divine Beauty hair salon takes a lot out of her.

We made our way to the check out line to pay for our groceries. After the cashier scanned the last item my mother gave him the debit card.

"Miss, the computer says that your card has insufficient funds." the cashier said. My mother looked at him in shock while digging in her purse for her debit card. The card that she used was my fathers and apparently he has reached his limit.

"Here use this one." Mom said while handing him her platinum visa debit card. Mom impatiently stamped her foot while the guy swiped her card. He looked at her and smiled,"You have a great day Ma'm." Mom and I grabbed the bags and I pushed the shopping cart back to its place.

On the way out to the car my mom talked about dad.

"What is wrong with that man not putting money on the card. I will give him a piece of my mind when we get home."

I rolled my eyes and thought, here comes the fireworks.