Part 1

"You're up in 5!" the stage manager told Marinette as she quickly checked up on all of her designs. The models turned around as they saw the young designer approach them; hoping that she'll calm down. After all, everyone knew how she was when her designs were on the runway. For her, everything had to be perfect.

After what seemed like the 500th check, the designer checked her phone, hoping to see if there were any new text messages. Unfortunately and fortunately for her, there were none. She wasn't sure if she was disappointed or thankful. He'll come, he promised, Marinette told herself. Besides, she knew that he was a very busy man. He wouldn't have time to check his phone anyways.

Focus! Marinette gently slapped herself on the cheek. This was the last show of the year, and she had to make an impact on the fashion industry, or at least an impact for her last mark of the year. She doubled checked her design again; after all, triple checking everything never did any harm. She relaxed when she found no mistakes, as she reached for her bottled water on the floor and took a long gulp. After a pause, she looked around at her fellow designers and smiled. It was strange that at the center of all the chaos, she was able to find peace. Even if this show may or may not make or break her future, Marinette found that the atmosphere around her was very relaxing. Wait, why was she so nervous again?

"Ladies and gentlemen; Welcome to the Metro Academy of Fashion's Graduation Showcase!" the speaker announced as the audience cheered.

Oh yeah, that's why. She looked down at her leading dress and realized that one of her stitches tore off. She quickly set to work and hurried along towards the front of the backstage.

"Woah!" she yelped as some models wearing spring designs came rushing from the runway. Marinette quickly examined the pieces. Several girls had hats that resembled bird nests. Others had floral designed kimonos. It seemed a bit ridiculous, but the ravenette had to admit that the designs were paired together quite nicely.

Get it together, Marinette! She couldn't get distracted now! She only had less than five minutes before her designs were displayed!

She sighed in relief as she opened the wooden drawer where all the pins, needles, and other extra supplies usually were. She reached down one of the bins only to find that there were none left. She shuffled around again and found nothing.

"3 minutes!" someone called out.

Marinette panicked as she opened all the drawers. Just a bunch of buttons; great! After a few seconds gone by, still finding nothing, she went to the non-needed clothing racks. She was so sure that everything was all right earlier too! Just her luck! "Come on, come on!" she quietly whimpered as she nearly cried in delight when she found a pin attached to a red and black plaid skirt. After plucking it off, she began racing back to her design area.

"Last minute call for Aurore Beauréal!"

Marinette nearly tripped when she saw her leading model, only ten feet away. The model looked up at her, as she held the pin up. I got the pin! Marinette mouthed to her.

"20 seconds, Ms. Beauréal"

Almost there! Marinette thought until she felt a tug on her sleeve. She turned to see Aurore, who was in a clear state of panic!

"Oh thank goodness Marinette! I really need your help!" the blonde pouted. Her model, who wore a lot of blue and makeup glared annoyingly at her.

The blonde continued on, "It's a total disaster! She completely mangled the elastic-"

"Not my fault! You make it so flimsy!" the model interrupted back in a huff.

Aurore glared and looked back at Marinette. "Flimsy! It wasn't flimsy! You tore it with your stiletto. Who puts their shoes on first?!"