1

It was Alex's first day of college, she was already running late because she lived off campus and this was generally the type of person she was. She knew it was about to get a lot harder as she would now have to balance her job as a barista and attending classes, but once she's finished her course she can go onto teaching and finally escape being a student.
Alex barged into the enormous lecture room only to be met with a woman with piercing blue eyes, this look was enough to intimidate Alex.
"I don't particularly like people being late to my lectures, Miss.."
"Just call me Alex" she replied.
"Well Alex" she said lingering a bit on the x. "Next time won't be overlooked" she said firmly and Alex just nodded in agreement.
By the time the lecture was over Alex was sure that she was going to have to catch up at home, it's not that she wasn't listening, this woman just made it impossible to concentrate, her defined figure and toned arms caused Alex's knees to weaken.
"A word, Alex"
The brunette gulped, had it been that obvious that she was eye fucking her professor from across the room? Professor Lance took off her glasses and sighed, god she was even sexy when stressed.
"I usually don't take it upon myself to encourage students, because it makes no difference to me if you graduate your course or not, but you seem like a bright, young woman."
Alex's cheeks were on fire and she hoped the older woman hadn't noticed. "Just try to pay attention next lesson" she winked.
Alex lost it then, her breath hitched all she could do was nod. "Thanks again" she bit her lip and left the lecture room. Alex headed off to the coffee shop where she worked, all she could think about was her professor but she knew she had work do do. After a three hour shift the shop was about to close up and Alex did the final wipe down of the counter, the bell on the door chimed and Alex knew that it was a last minute customer, she groaned. Why do they always do this? She thought to herself.
"Can I get an iced coffee to go?" The lady asked and Alex furrowed her brows, she recognised the voice, it was professor Lance. Alex's face must have looked puzzled because the older woman stated "Don't look so happy to see me, Alex" she smirked.
The way she said her name made Alex's heart race.
"Sorry" she grinned, gaining a tiny amount of confidence.
Just as Alex began making her iced coffee she noticed the professor pick up a phone call.
"Yes babe, I'll be there soon" she grinned causing Alex's face to drop, deep down she knew that she was straight and by the looks of it, taken. Alex whispered asking another barista to give the lady her coffee, after all her shift had ended 10 minutes ago. She whipped off her black apron and swung a bag over her shoulder, after saying goodnight to her boss she excited the shop.
As she was making her way to her car she was stopped by a warm hand. "Alex" the professor breathed out. Had she followed me? Alex thought. "You dropped this" she said handing her a flier, it looked like an opening night for a gay bar. "N-no no I didn't drop this you-" but before she could finish Professor Lance had already walked in the other direction.