Prologue

I woke up in a small white room, feeling slightly dazed and nauseous at the same time. I wracked my head for any memory of what happened yet nothing came to mind. My mind feels empty. I couldn't remember anything.

A slight click to my left surprised me. I whipped my head to find a white door, which I hadn't noticed was there, opening slowly. In came something inhumane. It was a pure black mist. I couldn't understand what it was nor why it was coming towards me.

I tightly shut my eyes. After a few painfully slow seconds of waiting for something to happen, I cracked my left eye open. It was still there, floating in front of me. It didn't seem to want to harm me.

I could hear the thing emitting garbled noise yet for some unknown reason, I could understand it perfectly. Hearing what it said, I smiled and slightly relaxed.

-------

"Doctor Audewn, it seems the patient is enjoying it's company." A man in a white lab coat holding a clipboard turned to the man who was observing every interaction between it and the patient with feverish eyes.

"How fascinating," the man amusedly remarked with a grin adorning his face,"she's actually talking to a cat. And it actually seems to understand her... I guess it's to be expected."

"Like mother, like daughter," the man in a white lab coat laughed.

"They're both fascinatingly insane."