Beginning of an End

Jake, a curly haired dropout fights with his consciousness to fall back to as silent as it was a few minutes before his sister started playing music that was completely far from his taste. He groaned, loosing patience second by second.

Patience was not his virtue. He didn't like waiting on anyone to do anything, he's always done things by himself so when he has to rely on someone else to do something that affects him, his temper raised like a hell fire. Jake, 21, has no patience for anyone or anything at all but his two younger sisters, Emily, 19 and Rose Carter, 8.

He shouted his older sisters name, Emily, begging for her to turn off the music.

Jake wasn't ready to wake up but he was really forced to when he noticed Emily was paying no mind to anything he was saying and he soon found himself standing at his sisters door with a whirlwind of complaints just like every morning. This time he had the decency to wear some shorts and not just boxers like every other morning whilst standing out her door. Regardless, it seemed as though no matter how much or less he had on, everything smelled of sex and girls perfume.

Emily Carter on the other hand is completely different from her hot headed brown eyed brother. She's gentle and has patience. She opened the door for him. "Here we go again" She sighed, running her hands through her curly chestnut hair. 

"Oh God," Jake shrieked. "Don't give me those big brown puppy dog eyes Em. I'm sick and tired of you playing music loudly every morning as if headphones don't exist"

"Jake, don't you think if I wanted to use headphones I would've been using them already?" 

"Don't try to be smart with me little sis" He said. 

Emily looked at her appearance in the mirror one last time before she proceeded to leave her room. Her hair was in check, face in check, and as for her outfit not so much for someone going to court. She sported a cropped blue tank top with white ripped jeans and a pair of sneakers. 

Today is a big day. It's not only the first day of her last year in secondary school, but also the first time she'll be stepping into a court room. 

Jake was still running his mouth from her room all the way down the stairs, to the kitchen. 

"So you're just going to ignore me? I did not get out of my beautiful slumber to argue by myself" 

"Jake! I'm going to be late for to my court date if you keep blabbering on"

"Yeah you damn right going to court! That bloke hit my car and could've injured you"

"I know I was driving but this is ridiculous cause it's not my car. It's yours so why I'm I going through this" 

"Shit Jake, I'm going to be late." Emily said, worried.

Jake rolled his eyes at his sister, looking at the time.

"I'll drive you, let's go" Jake offered, putting on a t-shirt and grabbing his car keys.

Throughout the car ride, Jake and Emily argued. About anything and everything. A man with no patience, arguing, whilst driving. It wasn't a pretty picture in this car.

"You're seriously a very daft girl, ya know that Em? Just don't talk to anybody, don't do it" Jake said.

"Shut up Jake!" She pushed his head.

Jake pulled up to her school, somewhere near the football field. As Emily opened the car door, Jake stretched his hand out and pushed her out, causing her phone to fall in a circle storm drain on the curb.

"Jake you---idiot!" She shouted!

"Bye" He said, driving off.

Emily was stuck. It looked as if the drain had the possibility of being open. It wasn't too deep. She looked at her slender arms. She wasn't strong enough to lift that. She looked at her surroundings, looking for someone who can help her.