Pancakes

"Dysis, Dysis, Dysis, wake up! Mummy made pan-pancakes!", said Anthony my three-year-old kid brother."Dysissssssss pan-pancaaaaaaaaakes", he tried again in his best evil voice while pulling my blanket off me. The little shit.

Giggling I rolled over to face him. " ok, ok, I'm awake, go back down stairs and tell mum I'm awake.The only response I got was a nod and smile as he walked out off my room in his Batman pj's. Smiling I reached under my pillow and checked my phone. Two messages ,one from each of my besties, both asking what we're doing tomorrow for my birthday. I'm turning seventeen tomorrow and it feels weird a little bit. Most people get excited but I don't , I never have.

Still smiling I got out off bed and slipped on my simple baby blue slippers that I won at mum's baby shower party for Anthony before he was born for guessing how many jelly bellies were in the jar( If I remember there was 137 in the jar).As I walked down the stairs I was greeted with the smell of pancakes or as Anthony calls them "pan-pancakes".

"Hello, my lovely people" I said.

Mum turned to me and smiled ,"Hello and good morning"

I walked over to her and gave her a one armed hug as she gave me a plate of pancakes.

"Better hurry eating those or you'll be late for school" said Mark, Mark is Anthony's dad. I like Mark he's good for mum.

I sat down next to Anthony whose pancakes looked like Mickey Mouse besides the fact that one of his ears was half gone. I leaned over and whispered in his ear asking they were good. I only got a few sharp nods indicating they were edible. Quickly eating my pancakes I went upstairs to get ready for the day.

Author's note

I know the chapter is kinda short. It's my first story. Hopefully as I go on they will progressively get longer maybe. Hope you enjoyed it!