4. The Black Widow

**This story moves very fast and like i said it does not fit under my usual goody two shoes standards. Bare that in mind. I might go and re edit it someday to fit together better, but for now i'm just going to deal with this. Like i said, it moves VERY fast. Sorry about that.**

4

I got ready to go and I was a little on edge. I really was passionate about my research and had to have it back, but the only way was to go to her house.

I got on a jacket and walked down. Mary just put breakfast on the table. "Good morning." She said.

I sat down and began eating. I wasn't sure when I was supposed to meet Nadine out there, so I decided to just go out there when I usually do.

"So what's on your agenda today Cedric?" Mary asked.

"Um...I'm going to just do what I always do. More research."

"Don't you ever get tired of that? I mean, don't you want one day of relaxation."

"Maybe tomorrow Mary." I said smiling and walking out the door.

"Bye Cedric." She said chuckling. "Be safe."

"I'll try my best."

I walked out and was at the mouth of the forest when my nerves got really on edge. This is going to be the most dangerous situation of my life, and I'm willingly walking into it.

I took a deep breath and entered the forest.

It takes some time to get to the rock so I took my good time getting there.

It finally came into view and I walked over and sat down.

I was there for a while just waiting, when I heard someone chuckling behind me.

I stood up and turned around quickly and she was walking out from behind a tree in a raggedy old blue dress. She had a flower in her hair and despite the torn up attire, she looked incredible.

"Hello Cedric. Have you been sitting there long?"

"Not really."

"Well, come on. Let's go get your briefcase and flower."

"It's this simple? Just grabbing my briefcase and leaving?"

She chuckled. "Life is never that easy, but come along."

I looked her in the eyes. I had to follow.

The walk took a couple minutes, but we made it to her run down shack.

She opened the door and I walked in. Everything was still dirty old and run down. She shut the door behind her and I heard a click.

I saw my briefcase on the table and grabbed it. I turned around, but she was standing in front of the door.

"You said you'd stay for dinner."

"Dinner isn't for hours. I can't stay that long."

"You said you would."

"You had me under some sort of spell. That doesn't count."

She walked forward and looked up at me. I quickly looked away. "Yes, it does." She whispered.

She got so close I back up a little, but I hit the table. "What's the matter Cedric? Are you frightened?" Her hand crept up my chest.

"N-no." I stuttered out.

"Do you want to kiss me?" She smiled and made me look at her.

"N-n-no."

"Are you sure about that Cedric?"