Chapter One

"Nysa!"

Adjusting her glasses, Nysa turned down the music. She not sure if she really  heard her name.

"Nysa!" She got off the bed, hearing her mother more clearly now.

"Yes, Mom." The sixteen year old followed her mother's voice.

"I have been calling you for awhile now." Kajol said, turning back to the stove.

"Sorry, Ma. I was listening to music."

Kajol smiled. "Did you pick an outfit? Or are you waiting last minute again?"

Nysa sighed and leaned against the wall. She hasn't picked out an outfit. She wanted to argue that she doesn't want to go.

"Baby?"

"I have homework. Can't you just take Yug with you? I don't even feel like going."

Her mother has a lot of free time at the moment, she hasn't signed films and she's spending quality time with Yug. But her has father has been gone for two months shooting. He's definitely going to be gone for longer than that.

Being a star kid especially Ajay and Kajol Devgan's daughter meant people were always trying to find something on her.

She doesn't understand. She's not a celebrity. Her parents are. So why take an interest in her personal life? Not like she has one.

She's just a sixteen year old who is buried in school work like everyone else. Nysa is a very studious person.

She worries about her grades. Keeps to herself and is the complete opposite of her mother who is a social butterfly.

"Yug is coming and so are you. Find something the party is next Friday." Her mother says and goes back to whatever she was doing.

Nysa groans and heads back to her room. Why doesn't her mother understand! She doesn't even know Aryan Khan, at least not personally.

They attend the same school but she has never even spoken to the him or his sister. Despite their parents friendship, Nysa and the Khans have never interacted.

At school, she keep to herself with selected friends while Aryan and Suhana were part of the "popular crowd." And pretty much rule the school.

She has spoken to Suhana once during P.E when the older girl asked her for a tampon but that was the first and the last time.

Unlike her friends, Suhana isn't a bully. She's actually the only nice one in the group. Nothing like Navya.

That's a whole other story. Nysa took out her cell and opened a group chat her best friend, Mahikaa Rampal and Renee Sen.

To: Mahi & Ren
"Are you guys going to be at Aryan's party?"

Mahi:I'll be there...😤I don't want too!

Ren: I have got a thing so no. You two have fun. 🤗

Nysa: I don't want to go. I'll just awkwardly be left alone! My mom doesn't get that.😩

Mahi: I'll be there yaar! You won't be alone. Promise🤗

Nysa:😍😘

She spend a few minutes taking then she was called for dinner downstairs. Where once again she was forced to talk about fashion.

Nysa loves her mother. She does. They're very close despite her being a sixteen year old who she should at stage of hating her mother.

But sometimes she feels as the actress doesn't understand that she would very much love to avoid those people a.k.a "other star kids."