Chapter 40

(A Quote by Unknown)

"I've been thinking a lot lately, about taking chances, and how it's really just about overcoming your fears. Because the truth is, every time you take a big risk in your life, no matter how it ends up, you're always glad you took it."

-
Vic's POV

"What do you mean you don't sell it?" I snapped.

"Hey, chill. I don't sell anything that has to do with needles. That's where I draw the line. Why don't you ask Max? He has that shit all the time." Jeremy said.

"He...he doesn't anymore." I spoke, calming down. I sighed frustratedly. "What do you have then?"

"Weed, LSD, Shrooms, Coke, and Xanax." He responded, his hands in his pockets.

I thought about it for a second. Weed always made me think too much. Psychedelics were a 50/50 chance at either a really good trip or a really bad trip. Coke? Well...I'd never known too much about it until recently when Max ended up in the hospital. Xanax...I didn't know much about that either.

I cleared my throat. "What do you recommend?" I asked.

"Depends." Jeremy, crossed his arms. "What's the occasion?"

"I don't want to feel anything anymore." I spoke. "I don't want to think."

Jeremy looked at me carefully for a second. He then looked through his backpack and pulled out a little ziplock baggie with four green bars inside.

"Break them in half, should be good for 8 doses if ya do. I'd give you the white ones but I can tell it won't be enough for you, especially if you're used to doing dilaudid."

"How much?"

"16 bucks."

I pulled out my wallet and quickly gave him the money. He gave me the baggie and I went to leave by he stopped me.

"Hey, uh, how's Max? You two have gotten so close, I barley see him anymore." Jeremy spoke.

I paused, putting the baggie in my pocket. "Um..." I wanted to tell him that it was his fault Max had been in the hospital. That it was his coke that put him there. But was it really? Was it really his fault? I mean...I'm here doing the same thing. He's only the distributor. What I do with it is my choice. What Max did with it was his. I can't be mad at him.

"He's been good. Just saw him today, actually." I smiled, fondly.

Jeremy smiled back at me. It was something I wasn't used to, since he only ever wore the same bored look on his face except when he was high.

"So uh...what's going on there?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"Like I said...you've been close. How close?" He asked, squinting his eyes a bit. My face went red. I quickly looked away from him.

"Um- Well, we, uh, he's just a friend right now-"

"Right now?" Jeremy asked. I could feel my heart rise into my throat as I thought of what to say. "What's holding you back?"

"I...I guess I'm scared." I mumbled, looking at my hands.

"Of what? Him?"

"No, no, he's...he's amazing, I just...it's everyone else I'm afraid of. I'm just not ready to come out to everyone, especially not my parents. If it somehow got back to them...I don't know what I'd do." I replied, nervously. The thought made my skin crawl.

"Fuck everyone else. You don't need to make an announcement of it. Just...suddenly show up at school, holding his hand. It doesn't have to be a big deal. The people who matter won't care, and the people who care, don't matter. As for your parents...you don't have to tell them. If it somehow gets to them, just...talk to them. Give them the same patience you'd want them to give you. You'd both have to adjust. It's new." Jeremy said.

I was at a loss for words at how supportive he was being. He had hardly ever spoke two words to me until today. I only nodded.

"Just don't hurt him, okay? Just be honest." He spoke. "I'll see you around."

With that, he walked away in the opposite direction. I stood there, thinking about things. Did I really need these pills? I shook my head.

I headed home, going straight up to my room. I shoved the little bag of pills in my sock drawer and shut it. I didn't need them.

I'd just have to figure out what to do with them.

I sat on my bed, staring ahead at the door, lost in my thoughts for the second time that day. I picked up my phone and called Max.

It rang a few times before he answered.

"Vic? Is everything okay?" Max asked.

I hesitated before answering. "Yes. Can I come over?" I asked, smiling softly. His voice was so soothing.

"Sure. I can't do much though, my parents don't want me going out. I'm grounded and they've been watching me like hawks." Max laughed. "I just...I still can't control the movement in my hand too much, so...just, don't mention it, okay?"

I frowned slightly. "Okay. I'll be there in 15 minutes. I can't wait to see you..." I blushed.

"I can't wait either."

I opted for taking the bus rather than walking, since it'd be faster and my parents weren't able to take me anyway. The ride there was nice. My day had went from absolutely terrible, to something I was ready to make better. I was obviously still hurting, still not over what I'd done and what Dani had said...but I was going to be patient. Things wouldn't just get better over night. Jeremy kind of pulled me out from underneath the glooming cloud that had been hovering over me all day.

Who would have thought he'd help?

Now that I think about it...Alan, of all people, went out of his way to help me today too. I needed to talk to him soon. I needed to apologize. Right now though, It was time to see Max.

I knocked on Max's door, his father Frank greeted me like last time. It was like deja vu. It momentarily scared me and I quickly went up to his room, not bothering to knock, simply walking right in. I sighed in relief when I saw him pulling up his jeans. He looked up, red faced and shy.

"Sorry." I laughed. I closed the door behind me and walked up to him, not giving him a chance to speak before I simply, kissed him.

Almost immediately, as if second nature to him, he kissed me back. His hands patched themselves in my hair and I deepened the kiss, my arms around his neck as I stood on my tip toes to reach. Warmth spread throughout me.

Max slowly pulled away, keeping his hands in my hair as he smiled down at me. "What was that for?"

I kissed him again, feeling greedy. "I'm ready to be with you."

Max only raised a brow and chuckled. He then swiftly held my hips, rubbing circles into them. "You sure?"

I looked at him. His green eyes had me in a daze. "Completely." I said, kissing him again.

He was such a good kisser, I almost felt like I couldn't stop. In fact, he had me feeling a little too good. I had never been turned on so much before from just kissing. I felt it in the kiss, almost as if he were claiming me. Proving to me that he was all mine.

He pulled away, looking down at me. I looked at him through hooded eyes, a certain heat surrounding my body. "Wow." I spoke.

"Come on, let's watch a movie, or something." Max smiled. I nodded slowly, sitting on his bed with him. He switched on Netflix and about halfway through the movie, he held my hand. I blushed and scooted closer to him, not feeling as shy anymore.

I was content.

A/N: What'd ya think?

I'm about to go smoke with my friend lol, I hope y'all have a good night!

-Kim