Fragile eternity

A/N:

hey guys...this is my first book so far.its more of a twisted mystery.keep tuned though i cant promise to be constantly updating chapters.

hope you like it.

Introduction

CHAPTER 1

The journey was long yet too silent.Zylan stared blankly out the window yet she coyld still feel her aunt's gaze pierce through her skin.

She tried holding it in,but she couldnt.A tear rolled down her cheeks...memories.What once lit up her face was something that was six feet under.

The car came to a halt and before Zylan was her fate.Her unwanting destiny.

"Things happen for a reason Zylan," she recalled her fathers husky voice,thrn suddenlu interupted by a cough,her aunt brought her back to reality.

The reality that lay behind the fourty feet high wall.The realit of giving up the life she hadn't got to live.

"Listen Zylan,this is evidently no place to take your teenage....."

Zylan let the words pass as hot tears stung her eyes.

She could say she was used to such treatment from her aunt but her words atung deeper this time.

With a sudden wash of courage,Zylan spoke back

"No,you listen.If you think that this- will keep me locked forever,you are damn wrong Meradith.I know my road and you are not changing that course.No matter how hard you- "

A slap landed on her right cheek and whipped Zylan's head to the left as tears ran down her crimson cheeks and her hand over her right cheek almost breaking out in sobs.

"My duty is to keep you safe Zylan!"Meradith replied in a rather harsh tone.

Zylan picked her bagpack from the back seat,rubbing the tears off her faceand stared spitefully at Meradith then slammed the door loud enough for Meradith to know she wanted nothing more to do with her.

With one last stare at her aunt,Zylan could make out her aunt mouth the words"I love you"

Tears were now gushing down her ruddy face as she bent and peered through the window"you know what Meradith,If that's your definition of love,then I'd rather stay a million miles away from you.!"

Zylan turned her back on Meradith,too soon to notice the tears that flooded her eyes.Meradith banged the wheel and burried her face in her hands.

"I'm so sorry Oliver,I didnt mean for things to happen this way.I'm turning away from the person you willingly died for."Hot tears fell from her face to the photo she had in hand."I miss you Oliver"

Zylan walked through the gate and into the compound.The place seemed to be too quiet for a rehabilitation camp.

"Miss Hallows?"

Zylan turned to see a fairly young lady,maybe nineteen,at the entrance of a small ebony door.

"Yes?" Zylan called back almost confused.

The woman began walking towards Zylan and her features were more clear on close view.She was noticeably young and fair.Very beautiful too.Her blonde hair neatly held at the top and braides down her back,she had no make up done,just a light shade of pink gloss on her lips,yet still looked so bright.With a fixed smile,she approached Zylan.

"Hello,Zaylan right?"

"Zylan actually."

"My bad,we were expecting you soon enough Zylan,I'm your room-mate,Emma,Mother Hellena thought you might need a friend to show you around,Being the newbie isnt always interesting huh?"

Zylan tried putting on a smile hoping it didnt look too plastic.

"Thank you,"was all Zylan could force out.With another cheerful smile Emma looked at Zylan and ushered her in"This way,please,after you."

The walk was all in silence,Zylan couldnt help but wonder how Emma seemed to be having the time of her life yet she was stuck in a camp for God knows how many more years.The hallway was quite dull;light shades of grey on the sides.

"could this place get any emptier?" Zylan thought,not noticing she's blurted it out loud.

Emma gave her an emphasized smile as she spoke"dont worry,it takes time but you'll cope,besides this is always a place you can call home"

"Sure,"Zylan replied sarcastically "more of a prison if you'd ask me"

"Aaah Emma," an elderly woman's voice called from the open door to the left."How are you Zylan Hallows?"

"Clearly," Zylan replied forcing a smile.

"Emma,you may leave us now."

"Yes Mother.See you around Zylan?"

As if checking that Emma was indeed out of sight,the woman spoke again,

"please do follow me Zylan"

                     * * *

CHAPTER 2

Zylan's p.o.v

"How are you Zylan Hallows?"The woman spoke

Really?Was this woman insane!! was she blind or what?

"Clearly" I replied forcing a smile to please her.

"Emma,you may leave us now."

"Yes mother.See you around Zylan?"

I hope not.I wish they could just read minds and tell that i really didnt want to see anyone much less hold a conversation with them.

As if checking to see that Emma was indeed out of sight,the woman spoke again "please do follow me Zylan."

Great!