Chapter 2.

Now being seventeen, and only 5 foot 4, I guess you could say I'm pretty short for my age, but it does help me go unnoticed most of the time at school, and everywhere else to be honest, not that I'm complaining.

I have long, wavy brown hair, green eyes, and a curvy body. Now that's me, nothing much really, but I can't say I don't wish I was anyone else.

"Annabelle! Get the fuck out of bed right now!"

Oh great, just what I needed to start the day off, my petty excuse of a mother yelling at me.

Just as I am about to turn over and close my eyes for a few more minutes, I hear my door slam against the wall with a massive bang and loud, heavy footsteps coming towards me, the only person that could be is my father.

"Get out of bed you little bitch or you'll regret it, you know what I can do to you", I jump out of bed as soon as I hear him leave and mumble to myself about how he couldn't make it any worse even if he wanted to.

They still haven't realised there are cuts all over my body, but it's not like they care, they don't even realise when the scissors go missing.

As I choose out my clothes and put on my grey long sleeved shirt, covering up all my cuts and scars, my baby brother walks in with a smile on his face and a plate of what seems to have once been toast, but now is a blackened, charred square with jam on top.

"Hey there little man" I say to him as he hands me the plate. "I made you toast!" He beams up at me with such innocence in his heart that I can't help but smile and ruffle his hair. "Thank you bud, now get a move on or you'll be late to school again, and we don't want that now do we?" He looks down before looking back up at me and running out the door shouting "Bye bye! Six year olds can't be late!" I can hear his giggles echo down the hall, leaving a small smile on my face as I continue doing my make up and brush my hair out. As soon as I think about school though, my smile drops and I quickly grab a hoodie to cover my face at school.

Just another torturous day to deal with...