Chapter 1

Abby laid out on the couch watchihg a rerun of Friends as she drew the blanket closer to her, attemping to keep warm. She had just reached for a tissue when her house phone rang loudly next to her, pulling back and grabbing the phone, she answered.

"Hello?" Abby asked, her voice showing the weakness and hoarseness of being sick. 

"Hi, could I speak to Penny?" A male voice asked. This peaked Abby's curosity, as she had not seen Penny in the last few days. This guy had a pretty attrractive voice. 

"May I ask who this is?" Abby asked, twisting the tissue in between her fingers.

"My name's Paul, Penny's my daughter." 

Wait - what? In all the time Abby had known Penny she never once spoke of her Father. This phone call was getting a little creepy. 

"Penny's not here. She hasn't been for awhile."

"Have you spoke to her?" Paul asked, his tone changing.

"No..." Abby drew her eyebrows together, glancing around the room.

"Look, I need to speak to her. I'll be a the Millington Hotel for the next two weeks, if you talk to her, tell her to come see me at room 19, alright?"

"Alright." Abby frowned and hang up. She didn't like the tone in his voice. Should Abby tell her bestfriend that her weird father called while she was out? Or should she keep it to herself.

Sighing she grabbed her cellphone and sent the text she was all too familliar with.

To: Penny

Where are you? I'm worried. Text me back. Xx

Abby already knew she wouldn't be getting an answer back.