Chapter 9: Fallin

27 minutes after Jas gets off the phone with her brothers there are 3 quick back to back to back buzzes that come through Mash's intercom. It's from Jas' 5 frantic, highly pissed and also extremely concerned older brothers. Who along with 2 of their cousins(1 from each side of the family) anxiously were waiting to be buzzed in. They needed to check in on their only sister.

All were already out for blood and ready to kick Money Mike's ass BEFORE they saw their baby sister , but now that they have seen the slightly smaller but still large goose egg on the side of her head, her still swollen and tightly shut left eye and her bruised and really tender to the touch throat. Now all are near homicidal.

Which wouldn't be a foreign thing for cousin Paco, he's straight outta Compton and San Quentin. Philandro "Paco" Santana at the age of 19 was charged and convicted of voluntary manslaughter. He served 6 years in San Quentin (actually its the only time he's ever gotten caught). The now 43 year old is in the middle of his weeks long visit to ATL to see the Mitchell family. This is an unfortunate thing for Michael Yin.

Now as for cousin Andre "Dre" Mitchell it's more of a question of what hasn't he done? He's now 45 and has been a frequent "guest" to many different jails throughout the country over all his many years of life.

Her brother Marco "Marc" Mitchell has a thing for robbery. The 37 year old is the polar opposite of his twin Maxwell. Marc isn't a stranger to jail at all, in fact he's had 3 trips there so far just this year alone and it's only May. He's more than likely not finished either.

Marco, Paco and Dre are busy talking over a plan. When to attack. Where to attack. What time to attack, etc. You know the basics of planning out kicking someone's ass. Yin travels a lot so they also have to learn his schedule. Recognizing that, Paco has agreed to stay as long as needed. It's been 5 years since his mandatory PO meetings ended, so he's able to travel as he wants. So needless to say Mike Yin has made himself the target of the wrong family.

Mase who's a pediatrician takes a look at Jas' wounds. While he's doing this, Miggy, Michael and Max learn more about Michael Yin. Max doesn't know much about his life after college but he does give them what he does know that isn't online.

His full name is Michael Cong Yin. Even though he studied public relations and works at a PR firm he's a technically a general practice lawyer, that specializes in criminal(ironically) cases but is able to handle civil, contract and corporate cases as well. Max is also a lawyer. "Jas why didn't go to the hospital or at least call the police.", Max asks confused. "Or better yet call me?", Marco asks.

"No, Marc that's why I didn't call any of y'all last night I don't want anyone going out there against a PR person without a plan he can spin things in a heartbeat and make it so someone else looks like the real criminal.", Jas answers.

"Still doesn't explain why no hospital.", Mike says. "You're my brothers, I'm not going into full detail...so I'll just leave it at I felt more comfortable with Mash." "Ok. I personally think you should've went sis, but I also can't possibly understand what you were and are going through.", Miggy says.

Mash ask Jas "Are you sure about this shit, Jas?" Max answers for her, "Yes." He then adds, "Now Mash you lived in the same household we were raised in, so you should know how shit is handled where we come from. Why are you acting so shocked." "I'm not shocked goddammit. I guess I'm the only one worried about everybody getting in trouble."

"We all are.", Max says. "We're not.", Paco interrupts, speaking for him, Dre and Marc. "But he can't get away with did.", Max continues. "Of course I'm not saying that but doing something that could land y'all in jail, is dumb as fuck.", Mash says. "If you are gonna do it have some assurance that his bitch ass ain't gonna go to the police.", she adds.