Chapter 3

The next few days seemed to fly by with Alison. It was all a blur of colour and emotion. I dreamt about her a few times, she was with me, shaking hands with my interpretation of pupils. Suddenly she turned into Mrs Heather and she started chasing me with a broomstick. I woke up sweating, wondering what it could mean.

It's Saturday now, the best day of the week. I go downstairs for breakfast and I am surprised to see the television on. We hardly ever watch television, we think it corrupts the brain. I sit down and watch. "Breaking news, humans are dissapearing around the globe" says the news woman. They show us a photograph of the disappearances. A cloud of darkness was descending over a town somewhere in England. I've never been to England, it's a twelve hour drive from the north west of Scotland. As I watch the television, I know me and my father are thinking the same thing. The Black Night...

I got changed into my green shirt and brown trousers, grabbed my bow and quiver and rushed to Alison's house. I'm an avid archer, I practise every day witch Alison. I knock on her wooden door as I see her stern father looking down his nose at me. "Yes?" he snaps. "I I um I've c come to s see Alison" I stutter nervously. He jerks his head and calls for Alison. I hear her ambling down the stairs as she throws herself into my arms. Surprised I step back, but am soon hypnotised by the warm fragrance of her hair. "Errol have you heard?!" She whispers, fear etched in her eyes."Yes, I know, isn't it awful?" I say, holding her close, my heart pumping wildly.

She releases me and grabs my hand with her smooth one and leads me into the forest. I follow her a while until she stops underneath a beautiful red leaved oak tree, next to a winding stream. "This is my favourite place" she says as she elegantly lies down under the tree. I sit down next to her, wishing I could be holding her in my arms. "What shall we do?" I say, knowing I am voicing the question she had been worrying about. "I say we stop him" she says firmly. "I know it seems insane but who else is there? Naturemen are extremely rare, and most of them are evil!" "I agree. Someone needs to stop him, so it might as well be us." I say determined.

At that moment something wonderful happened, she took my hand. I looked at her incredulously and watched her as she stared into the distance.

***

"Father I need to talk to you." I say, standing in front of my father, who was reading a book in the living room. "What is it son?" he says as he puts his book down. I explain what me and Alison are planning to do as I watch him turn from incredulous to terrified. "Errol you're both only thirteen, you'll be killed!" he cries. "I know it's dangerous, but I believe it's the right thing to do. With your permission, I shall leave tomorrow" I say. He sighs, "If you believe it's right son, then I give you permission" he says in a resigned voice. "Thank you so much father!" I cry, as I bound up the stairs. As I think about travelling with Alison, defeating The Black Night and make my father proud, it makes me truly believe I am the happiest boy in the world.

************************************************************************

This is my first story so please be nice! Share this with others :) - Cameron